avast 5 internet security firewall rules..

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zfactor, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i need some help with this. the firewall is automatically blocking something i actually want to be allowed. but i see no way to change that. i can see it in the traffic screen but i see no way to allow it or change the rules that is blocking it?? can someone help with this? thanks

2. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Change the zone to Home/Low risk, execute the application you want and connect it to the internet, then a rule is automatically created and you can change the zone back to what you had before ;)

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

its a igmp 224.0.0.22 its blocking but its from my router so i know what it is and im trying to figure out how i would allow this if i wanted to for the future since it seems avast is blocking this no matter what i do. and i have no way to change it since its not a rule

5. Logos

Logos Registered Member

wow...good advice :D

more seriously, I'm having issues too with this Firewall, not that it's blocking anything but it seems to do just want it wants at the moment... you just can't control its behavior. It's a first release so I guess this explains a lot, although I'm wondering if it was wise to release it as part of a final version of Avast 5 IS, this firewall is just not a finish product yet. I've posted a few threads about it on Avast forums, awaiting feedback atm...and a new build ;)

@ Zfactor: many rules are created automatically without appearing in the application rules panel, that's the problem. Theses rules are still written to a file named rules.xml inside Alwill folder in program data, but editing it doesn't bring anything, rules get recreated just the way they were automatically, whether the firewall is set to ask or auto-decide doesn't change anything, and whatever the risk zone is. It's a real mess. Also, keep in mind that deleting a rule and relaunching the corresponding application won't get you this rule back in the rule panel in the UI...yeah...it hasn't been deleted from the xml file...it's work in progress :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i know this post is old, but i had exactly the same problem. i went to windows network and right clicked enable on the hub. this solved the problem for me. (using a bt home hub)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.