Avast! 5 beta 1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Az7, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Bug. Its the same here. If you want to be sure just update manually and it should say "Already up to date".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

That's what I did, and that's what it said. I just wanted to make sure all was ok. :)

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

it is going to be a very good product GS. The paid and suite will also have a sandbox, couple this with behavor detection, silent firewall, a solid product. I just want to get my hands on the suite.;)

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Yeah trjam, I really like it. I especially like the new GUI. Much more user friendly. JMO of course. :) I'm also looking forward to the suite. :)

5. progress

progress Guest

Does the latest beta contain the fully implemented behaviour shield? :doubt:

6. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@ance
    Nope, as far I understood it's not.

7. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

What kind of sandbox?
    As far as i understood the "sandbox" will be an emulator for malicious code and it will be a feature for all versions; not only for the suit. Am i wrong?

8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

no the Free version will not have it along with the script blocker.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Don't mix up Code Emulator and Sandbox... they are not the same thing!

10. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Would you enlighten me? I was thinking about buying the suite. If it comes with a sandbox i definitely will!

11. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Is Sandboxie incompatible with Avast5? Running firefox inside Sandboxie Avast still creates temp files outside Sandboxie in an Folder called C:\Windows\Temp\_avast5_
    I think its the webshield working. But it should work with this folder inside Sandboxie or not?

12. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Anyone know when the projected Release date is as of now. I have Avira Expiring in a few days Planing purchasing this as it seems to have less "Issues" with my main setup (Windows 7 64bit). But would much prefer the paid version, Free version is nice but I want to try the paid out see how it performs.

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

u can buy the current paid version and the license will work on v5.

14. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Aye, But sense I can't stand the current UI of the paid version Ill just wait on it until this one is released. But thanks for the Suggestion. :D

15. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Anyone else getting high cpu with sf.bin? o_O It happens sometimes with the right click scanner and launching some apps.

16. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I wish they would just release the darn thing. But then again It may not work as good for other people as it currently does on my end. :D

17. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I find that if I download eicar.com from Firefox running in Sandboxie to a direct access folder I have for downloads, the avast! file shield doesn't catch the file as it is saved. If I try to rename, copy, or move it after it is saved, the file shield does catch it.

18. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I was seeing this with the previous beta build, but it was corrected in 5.0.221.

19. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Hehe im seeing it with 221. For example sometimes launching the AIMP2 media player (the last beta) and as i said before with the right click scanner.

20. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

I get no popups from avast saying blocked using Opera. Opera is running unsandboxed. It blocks eicar but no popup.

21. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Not using Opera. But I am using Firefox both FF and IE pop up a popup just fine and move it to the chest.

22. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Yes Firefox works for me too, the popups.

23. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am thinking that after the 15th of Nov is the release "date." Not sure how long the "after" is.
    I am eagerly awaiting the release as Avast has always been one of my favorites, and it has made some good progress in the area of detection.

I do hope it is released prior to the end of November.

Regards,
    Jerry

24. Fuzzydice45

Fuzzydice45 Registered Member

It'll probably be before the end of november, but they still need to release another beta verison with the behaviour blocker.

25. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

While I look forward to the final version being released as much as the next person, I hope they take as much time as is needed to get everything right before sending it out into the world. I would rather wait a little longer and have everything go smoothly than have it sooner and be more likely to experience "technical difficulties".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.