Avast 4.8 vs. AVG 7.5

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Timberwolf5578, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timberwolf5578

Timberwolf5578 Registered Member

In the last couple of days I tried Avast 4.8 and AVG 7.5. As far as I know, the AVG is only antivirus, but the Avast has antivirus, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit also. I tried both on my AMD Athlon 64 X2 dualcore 6400+ Black edition system with 2gb PC6400 DDR2 RAM, and it seems like my computer actually runs a little faster with the Avast compared to the AVG.

Could this be right? Doesn't the Avast have more processes going on though? I currently have 5 out of 7 processes running on Avast (I didn't need all 7).

2. Thug21

Thug21 Registered Member

Hello :)

If you think it runs faster/better on your machine, then likely it does. In many cases, every program works differently on different PCs so its hard to compare. A small difference in # of processes doesn't mean much either so if you like Avast so far, just stick with it. Also you are correct on the feature list.

Just FYI, though, I don't think "one vs another" threads are allowed here. ;)

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I'll get the only post & sorry the rules basically say no comparisons on AV's so whatever works for you I'm happy, use it & go get a nice firewall...

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Both are very good av's so use whichever you like most :)

I tend to trust on avast better, IMHO.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.