AV Update Frequencies - Important?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The max number of updates would seem to be 24 if offering hourly updates. That French site shows the number of updates each day in any given month - the most I've seen is 22 in one day. With those figures, I wouldn't have thought it necessary to set the updater to every 5 minutes.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

The french site unfortunately seem to have stopped their service, it was a good way to show users what you meant.:doubt:

I completely agree that a frenquency of every 5 minutes is a little extream, thats why i use every 6 minutes myself :D ....................................btw, i only suggested 5 minutés because Mele20 said she never saw more than 6-8 a day, it was just so she could see that indeed 15-24 is the norm.:)

Attached Files:

• 888.png
      888.png
      File size:
      5.1 KB
      Views:
  3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I still can't see the point of trying to update every 5 or 6 minutes. If you set it to update at the same time each hour, say half past, you'll certainly get some form of update from within the last hour, and if there isn't any, there sure will be next time around.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I was joking (regarding the 6 minutes), but on the other hand i also can't see a reason why one should not do it if you have option (& a broadband connection), if you & i are comfortable with every hour and some are more comfortable with every 5 minutes, then fine with me, it's an option and nothing wrong with using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.