AV that have a Lifetime Licence?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brocke, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

What AV other than twister off a lifetime key? just curious if any others?

2. culla

culla Registered Member

3. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

I don't know of any others... And for good reason, as a lifetime key would give very little incentive for the continual work necessary to keep up with malware writers.

4. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Absolutely Totally WRONG !

Microsoft Security Essentials is free and working as long as your OS is paid and proven original/legitimate.

You buy a licence for the OS - let's say Windows Vista , but you can use that OS maximum (let's say) 8 years . After these 8 years you should buy a new OS and again pay for the OS and all services with it - including MSE , for example .
    However , we are not that sure what will happen tomorrow , if the Earth will survive , if we will be alive , what the world will be , if Microsoft will exist and , and , and ..... so on and so on .

As for a product with life time licence - this is impossible.
    You want an AV - you want it quality in order for it to protect you . Quality is NOT free , quality is NOT free forever. With the money one user or one company pays to an AV vendor , these money are for the vendor and for the quality of the product you buy so that the product develops thanks to well paid , happy to be well-paid smart guys

5. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

having a paid AV vendor does not mean that u r protected...

6. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

having a paid AV from vendor who pays well/enough/extra to its employees means you are protected .

Haveing absolutely free (like Clam) or once paid product means for SURE you are not protected. Having a cheap product means you are less protected.

No money = No resourses to develop = No motivation to work further
    Agree?

7. bryanjoe

i have been on Freebies security softwares for at least 15 years....
    and i surf places where most men do ....lol

still protecting me well

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

LOL, hahahaha

9. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Vipre had such. But it is sold out now.
    See here & here

10. icr

icr Registered Member

Hmmm not completely, then what can you say about linux:) (Sorry for offtopic post though)

11. roady

roady Registered Member

No guarantee,but maybe if you wait until the winter holidays,some come up with a lifetime licence for a short while.
    I got me a lifetime licence of Outpost Security Suite that way.....:thumb:

12. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Sunbelt had a life time license but I don't know if they are still selling it.

13. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

14. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

15. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have a lifetime license for Outpost Security Suite. It's been a while since they offered one, but they do occasionally. I am not currently running it though. They have some 64 bit issues to fix.

16. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Question is: WHOSE lifetime? Theirs or yours?

Answer (IMO): Theirs. When the company goes belly up, all licenses become worthless.

17. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Absolutely not. Avast Free is fine, Panda Cloud AV is also fine, MBAM Free is also fine, as is Emsisoft A-Squared Free.

Your wrong. As long as you own the OS you can have MSE. Just because MS stops patching the OS and giving free tech support doesnt mean you need a new OS.

18. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I agree. That's the down side for these lifetime licenses.

19. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    There's actually no license with MSE. Who cares if the current OS becomes obsolete tomorrow, or next week, or 8 months from now..nevermind 8 years from now. You'll be getting the latest version of the OS. Check this out....today I install MSE on Windows XP. Tomorrow I get rid of Windows XP and I install Vista...and I...hold on your seat...this is difficult....I go to Microsofts site and download MSE again. Wow..that was hard! So the day after that, I decide to ditch Vista, and I get Windows 7. Holy cow..I gotta spend another 45 seconds going to Microsofts site and ...download MSE again!

"However , we are not that sure what will happen tomorrow , if the Earth will survive , if we will be alive , what the world will be"

That holds true regardless of MSE...or if you get sucked into some other AV product that requires yearly renewal of your subscription..and handing them your hard earned cash for another year of their product. So tell me...where is the logic of that arguement against MSE..when it holds true about any other product...paid or free, 1 month license or 1 year license or 2 year license. There is no difference!

"if Microsoft will exist and , and , and ..... so on and so on ."
    Well...even without MSE, Microsoft will probably continue to exist...I mean, other AV products are protecting Windows..which afterall, is a Microsoft product.

But what's to say other AV companies won't exist tomorrow? There is no guarantee your favorite AV company might go under in 6 months, or get bought up.

20. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Probably true xD
    But suites under 40-50$ aren't that expensive, you could save more by doing other things everyday and they give you a whole year of service :D

21. whitedragon551

Or you can save $40-$50 and have free AV thats just as good or better than any paid software (Avira Antivir Free and Avast for example) and use that $40-$50 on something else thats not free like food.

22. bryanjoe

very true.

Don't be shy to include free OA or Comodo, Returnil, on demand scan from Malwarebytes, HitmanPro etc.... :D :D

23. Gasp

Gasp Registered Member

DriveSentry (if you call thats an AV, thats up to you).

24. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Who told you they are good enough ? :rolleyes: The free versions ? of Avast , Panda , for example ?

Yep , BUT new versions of MSE appear and Microsoft may decide that the new versions will not support the old OS . And you have paid for the OS so that you can download legitimately MSE

25. whitedragon551

The testing done by unbiased AV comparative companies. There is no such testing by an unbiased source that backs up your claim.

There is still other free alternatives that are better than MSE which will be compatible. We are in the age of the internet. You can find any version of a software you want.

Your arguments are baseless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.