AV software for server

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Timo Pohjosaho, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timo Pohjosaho

Timo Pohjosaho Registered Member

Hi,

I am doing my bachelor's thesis to medium sized telemarketing company which has about 40 employees. They currently don't have their own server so it's my job to figure out what they should buy. Right now I'm in process to find a AV solution which suits their need.

The server to be bought will have Windows Server 2008 x64 on it, and will run hMailServer and web page which works as an interface to important MySQL database. hMailServer can use external AV-software as long as it supports commandline scanning and returns a return value.

I'm currently comparing Eset Nod32 4.0 (or 2.7), Symantec Endpoint Protection, AVG 8.5 and Avira Antivir. I have allready estimated that they all offer good protection from viruses and other malware, but reliability of a software and level of customer service is bit hard for me to figure out on my own.

So my questions concerning Nod32, SEP, Antivir and AVG are:

1. What kind of customer services do providers ot these antivirus softwares offer? I read the Eset forums and got the feeling the their response times are bit slow. A full week was mentioned at one post. Also from my own experience I can say that Avira actually answers to emails :)

2. Nod32 v4 has caused some trouble to customers, and at SEP was bit ustable and buggy when it was released. What about Avira and AVG? Are their software any stabler than previous two?

3. Do you know how these four AV products are licenced? There can be huge difference in cost if they have to buy 40 licences (per user using the server's services) instead of just one licence for the server.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Timo Pohjosaho,

All the products you mention have support forums which should be a big help to you. There is also a wealth of information here on some the products. Read through the forums.

We don't allow comparison threads here as noted in our Policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.