AV or suite with these features???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

My KIS license ends soon and although I'll probably end up purchasing a new license I'm wanting to try out a few other programs. I am not trying to start an A v B thread, just want to know which antivirus programs or security suites have the following features:

allows end user to decide if malware/potential malware is deleted or not
    can prevent install of unknown programs (unknown not allowed to run without end user permission)
    has behavior blocker or HIPS
    high detection rate
    does not require uninstall of Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro

Bonus- firewall that can be tweaked to block ads, or at least banner ads

KIS satisfies the above, so if I can't find a suitable replacement I'll stick with it

I'm guessing Comodo and maybe Bitdefender Internet Security can maybe satisfy the above so would like to hear from users of those programs as well as any other suggestions.

thanks

2. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Honestly? I'd stick to what you have.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

keep what you have :)

4. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Simple question.............has KIS ever let you down or caused disappointment?
    If the answer is no, stick with what you have

5. acr1965

KIS has not let me down and I'm very confident in its ability. For a high detection suite it probably has fewer issues than others I have tried. But some annoyances it has include not allowing some programs I move to "trusted" to install (I have to pause protection) and programs generally open slower than with other av's (word, outlook, media players). I really shouldn't complain but sometimes want to try other suites as long as they offer some of the user dependent options.

6. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I don't know about blocking/banning ads with FW. I know that the following suites has AV + HIPS + FW:
    KIS
    COMODO
    Outpost Security Suite paid

Maybe new Avast - IDK in details about its component which is like behaviour blocker.
    They shouldn't demand to uninstall MBAM and HMPRO.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

KIS meets your requirements, but it does slow some things down. Maybe worth that if you must have that feature set. Outpost Security Suite paid does offer a very similar feature set, but I have found it to be unstable. Enough so that I have a lifetime license and do not run it. I keep hoping someday but in the mean time I maintain licenses for KIS, ESET, and NIS and find that only KIS and OSS has the feature set you specified. That said I find the current KIS 2014 a little unstable as well. Hoping the next patch will make me want to reinstall it somewhere. :doubt:

8. acr1965

Does Outpost still use VirusBuster?

9. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I think it uses that but Outpost bought out virus buster so they use the engine and make sigs themselves now.

10. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.