AV-Comparatives: The balance between performance (low speed-impact) and real-time detection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Minimalist, May 19, 2022.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

https://www.av-comparatives.org/the...nce-low-speed-impact-and-real-time-detection/

2. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thanks, mini. :thumb:

3. Minimalist

You're welcome :)

4. Quassar

Quassar Registered Member

peoples really belive in these test ?
    All AV always with epic 98% ALWAYS ratio xD
    AVG MCAfee etc quality on same level what Norton Avira or Kaspersky... LMFAO

Even eset droped down thier marketing emblem on website bc they dont wanna pratice in this crap
    My mate asked they and they sended him this answer
    https://imgur.com/a/Ydr3EsI

5. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

So, in common user term, what is in your guys’s opinions wrong with the test?

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I think this comparison raises more questions than it answers. At least for me.

7. Quassar

Quassar Registered Member

Use brain and look what its not normal in these test...

Every Year !!! month in month.... almost all Anti Vrus have Excelent result... There is no loser all are Winner EPIC 99% Quality detect ratio xD
    The wrost from worst AVs have same perfect 99% Ratio detect as other definite better AVs
    And you asking what is wrong with these test... xDDDDD

And fun fact almost all Anti-vrus pin these gay emblem from this poor test to
    their own website site as winer.. ofc just marketing purpose for gray dumb peoples...

Now compare thier result with other more serious vendor like VB
    When even best software dont pas 75% ratio and even if some one hit 85% do it one time on copule test...

You can also Check MalwareTips site where peoples share their own analize malwares which they founded by myself or not myself but still undetected able during test by most AVs
    And many time they share their test where they use few scanners gather on system and still might leak malware to system
    Like Norton + Kaspersky + Hitman Pro and still system infected / virus not detected
    First better Examples : https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-pro-february-2022-report.112247/

You can also check todo / Vurenbalies task from other FAT company like VMware how offen they fix lack security issue...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...visories-certifications-guides.346094/page-10

Im lazy to search info but time to time its spot for hackers where company pay $$$ for bypass software from Browser to special hardware endpoint solution.
    Last time each of it has been bypassed... so yea hackers screw all security solution as far....

Once again:
    And you enter this crap AV -comporatives and AV test = pseudo/marketing testing vendors and read ******* about thier perfect 99% result in each software almost each time..

If you interested i prefer check some neutral peoples who hunt and analize malware on myself hand and dont sell myself for $$$

Who use special engines/server for deep analize malware or use 3rd software for manual not like these happy clicker who run task manager and try hunt malware process xDDD
    These guys show many interesting things
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GW1QqPNLig
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY-2wqmVWWA

For manual analize FAQ here is good guide list/software and not only.
    https://github.com/rshipp/awesome-malware-analysis

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2022
  8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Reference Post #7 above: Over the years, I have read these sorts of wordy, negative comments in every thread that reports test results. IMO, Wilders members are not ignorant. We are fully aware of the pros & cons of test reports, and we are quite able to draw our own conclusions when we read them.

For each and every test, AV-Comparatives (AV-C) always includes a very detailed explanation of the specific methodology that they used in conducting that specific test. If anyone sees a possible fault in AV-C's methodology, posting that information would be helpful & instructive. On the other hand, the same old long-winded diatribes saying that "tests stink, they are useless" are of no value whatsoever IMO.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  9. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

I should not comment,
    should I...?
    I should not comment,
    should I ?...

10. Minimalist

@Quassar

Did you check link posted in OP? There is no detection results in this test. It just shows when files are analysed by specific AV solution. I doubt that any of your links provides similar information.

So IMO your criticism is posted in wrong thread.

11. imdb

imdb Registered Member

couldn't have said it any better. aloha to hawaii. :thumb:

12. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

?

Well, I guess you should have refrained from posting.

13. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

That pretty much sum it up :thumb:

14. Mango555

Mango555 Registered Member

IMHO, all established commercial AV vendors have very mature products (including the free ones) that might have peaked on their effectiveness for current and future threats. To me that explains the testing results we see from AV-Test and AV-Comparatives. The products are so close together that it's not measurable in most tests. You can only aspire to being 100% effective. Local file signatures, Cloud file signatures, Heuristics, Behavioral, etc., etc., are all used today. In addition a lot of vendors use detection engines from a common vendor. That's why we are seeing more and more brands adding non AV related "features" to add "value", stand apart and justify the price. This is also becoming overcrowded since now most of them offer the same add-ons. So what makes one "better", "faster", "lighter", "heavier", "freer", "friendlier", etc., etc.: It's personal!

But you already knew that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.