AV-Comparatives Anti Trojan Test ...

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Infinity, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I don't know if it's OK to post the results of the Anti Trojan Test made by Andreas Clementi from AV-Comparatives.

The latest revision was done on 22th of March 2006 .. so it is very recent.

Not all AntiTrojans are included (one of the top tier AT's, BoClean, is not included cause it does not have an ondemand scanner - maybe for V5 .. we'll see .. )

anyway the results are coming from a pdf file so I thought being so kind to you all, to translate it for everybody .. ;) :

Thanx Again to Andreas Clementi for his testing and a personal congratz to Ewido crew for creating such a great AT! I sincerely hope that the new version will be even better!

Take care,

AV-comparatives results removed as they don't allow the use off of their site.

bigc

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  2. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

Hello Infinity,
    Could you please provide the link to the where you found this ?
    Thank you,
    Best regards

3. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

i think it's a pdf reort you can download from www.av-comparatives.org under online results for av's just scroll down to the bottom you'll find it

betauser2

4. Infinity

probably this whole thread will get deleted cause I didn't have any permittance from Andreas Clementi for posting this ... sorry mods .. I don't know Andreas C. and contacting him felt kinda strange ... :D

@ gre87y : you can find the results here, bottom of page it's a pdf file.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

best wishes,

/edit: you beat me to it BetaUser2 ;)

5. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

6. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

@ infinity just edit your post

ther's a first time for evrything

betauser2

7. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

Thank you kindly :)

8. Infinity

BigC allready took care of it. Thanks B.!

9. IBK

IBK AV Expert

10. Infinity

yep, that would be me with my fast eyes :rolleyes:

I appreciate all the time you put into this all .. don't forget to have fun too :)

11. dog

dog Guest

The last post was removed - OT/Bashing

Steve

12. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

...so TrojanHunter pulled out after seeing their results. Cold feet after all, and a disservice to its users imo - nu bash or insult intended.

13. Infinity

[MOVE]:eek: :eek: :blink: :blink: [/MOVE]

I cannot agree more, but .. it's has been only a month now, with the arrival and help of Gavin, that they are adding sigs like the top 3 AT's (Ewido, Boclean and A²), still not at the same quantity but at this speed, it will get better .. at least I hope for all those TH users ..

Pulling out after seeing the results .. I'm glad I stopped using TH long time ago to be honest :thumbd:

14. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

"Top 3 ATs" o_O One of those (BOClean) has **never** been tested because it has no file scanner. "Still not at the same quantity" o_O TH is adding many more signatures on daily basis than one or more of those "top three" .. Get your facts straight, no offense. And this symbol :thumbd: is rather unecessary in the dialogue IMHO ..

15. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

That\'s beside the point, Randy. Some threads below Magnus stated everyone is allowed to test TrojanHunter. That\'s a formal consent to test and publish results.

Pulling out after that because of a bad test result does TH more harm then good. No other ATs that scored bad pulled out - and I do applaud them for that.

16. Infinity

C'mon Randy, Boclean has been tested before, not by Andreas Clementi but Nautilus made an effort @ Scheinsicherheit, one year ago I believe it was .. so have they tested Ewido, TH, .. ..

I truely doubt that Randy .. quantity of signatures is of no importance for being a good scanner anyway but I had the feeling that since the arrival of Gavin, the updates were bigger with more sigs then (ever?) before .. but like I said: In my point of view the top three at's are those I mentioned ..
    No offence intended.

17. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

I agree with Panther pullling out will do more harm then good. Personally I wouldn't of thought less of TH because of one test but to pull out because of bad test results isn't very reassuring.

18. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

I hate to mention it again but BOClean has never been tested, it is convenient since they have no file scanner so it is impossible to test their signatures. TH is adding many more signatures than BOClean on daily basis, just check the Updates Forum and read the posts ..

What I was objecting to is the pejorative tone of Infinity's comments, I think he is a BOClean user and since he goes out of his way to put the thumbs down to a competitor I will just say again that BOClean has never been tested .. BOClean could claim to detect just about anything and it cannot be tested one way or other.

The "Top Three" is his ranking not mine ..

19. Infinity

why would you say I'm a Boclean user? .. :) that's not the point at all .. and I'm not actualy a typical Boclean user or whatever .. but I do have it licenced on my system ..
    I would truely appreciate if you believed me when I say I don't want to make this thread into a "this program is better then that program"

I never said those 3 AT's should be everyone's favourites...

20. Infinity

maybe Andreas Clementi will be so kind to make a test about the AT's memoryscanners one day .. so we can see the bigger picture .. cause that's what still the most important part imho, the memoryscanner.

21. IBK

IBK AV Expert

No plans for that in near future. At the moment I prepare the reports etc. for the May retrospective test, which atm I think will be the best report i ever did so far :).

22. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

That is a pretty good report since all of your tests have been EXCELLENT. I really think you deserve a hearty round of applause :thumb:

Thank you for your time and effort spent in these tests. It is very much appreciated.

Alphalutra1

23. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ditto everything Alphalutra1 said. :cool:

Acadia

24. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

Very true, I guess Magnus means - everyone is allowed to test TH (*note, only show results if you say we are great).

25. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

You can compare these results of VirusP 2005-12 to these of Av-Comparatives, and you can see that those results are not so bad either compared with the best performers.

VirusP 2005-12 ---------------- Av-Comparatives 2006-03:

77 % ------------------------- xx % = Ewido

59 % ------------------------- xx % = a-squared

51 % ------------------------- xx % = Digital Patrol

20 % ------------------------- ?? % = Trojan Hunter

13 % ------------------------- xx % = Tauscan

==========================

VirusP 2005-12 --- 60 070 samples:

Trojans & Backdoors = 88 %

Malware = 12 %

==========================

Av-Comparatives 2006-03 --- 153 012 samples (the same as Av-Comparatives 2006-02 av-test):

Trojans & Backdoors = 96 %

Malware = _4 %

Unfortunately, to get the real outlook of how good these proggies were, IBK could get more accurate results, if he had launched about 1k of his randomly picked samples to test these against his tested AT:s. I'll bet that TH is among the top two in this kind of comparison although I'm an Ewido (and BOClean) fan.

Btw, by testing like that I referred, we could get BOClean results too.

Best regards.
    Firefighter!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.