AV able to block...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AlexC, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Is there any AV out there able to block in real-time Babylon, funmoods, dealply, etc...?

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Every that has signatures for them. Isn't that kinda obvious? You just have to enable PUP deetction for these in most cases...

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I think he meant which ones do... ;)

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I believe kaspersky would if a few settings were changed.But im not sure if babylon is actually classed as malware.PUP would be a more accurate description.:thumb:

5. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Most of the times you can avoid to install these third party toolbars. By choosing for custom/advanced setup. Or by just checking or unchecking a checkbox. There will be only a realtime detection if you also enabled the option to scan inside software runtime-compression. These third party add-ons are embedded. You also need to enable PUP.

6. fax

fax Registered Member

... and for most of them you just need to go to the uninstall/add/remove programs of your OS to remove them ... just scroll carefully the uninstall list to find them. e.g. Babylon can have more than one component to uninstall.

7. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I have tried Avast with PUP activated and heuristics set to high. It was able to block one adware, but not Babylon, Dealply and some "Download accelerator". I've had the same result with Roboscan IS (that uses BitDefender signatures).

This is quite annoying, because after you clean a machine and install a AV, in the next day the same person frequently have the computer again infected with funmoods, Babylon, and other similar craps ("legal" malware)

I'm still trying to find a AV able to block that pest, and that can be installed in computers belonging people who don't uncheck the checkboxes, don't read the EULA... (tell them to uncheck or to read is not a solution, I've tried that already)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.