Autoupdate after user logon

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by markpl, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markpl

markpl Guest

Hi,

I'm using NOD32 on notebook with Wi-Fi LAN connection.
    After switching on computer (i'm using hibernate or stand-by to switch off computer) nod32 is trying to update itself because of rule "autoupdate after user logon". But unfortunetely it fails because of "gethostbyname 11001 error". Wi-Fi connection is estabilishing quite longer than ethernet connection and is unavailable immediatelly after user logon.

The solution to this problem is not possible without adding feature to nod32 task sheduler allowing to set delay (for example 30 seconds) to autoupdate after user logon.

I think that this feature is essential because I get this error every day when I switch on my computer. My outlook installation is fetching mail few minutes after logon and without actual virus database it is quite risky.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As one way to work around this, you can set a scheduled task to update...

Control Centre> Update> update> Setup> Automatic Update> Schedule

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. markpl

markpl Guest

The problem is that I don't turn on computer on same hour every day. That time is different every day.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Can you send a email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread, they may have a work around for you. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.