autostart programs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

i was noticing how many processes i have at startup. e.g. itunes helper and my digital camera process. concidering i dont use itunes much i dont need it running all the time and also i dont have an ipid so i dont need the ipod service running.

whats a good piece of software that i can use to stop these from starting up and telling me if they needed or not?

i got a 3200 amd 64 bit processer 1gb ram and the number of processes after i log in is 86 is this alot more than most people here?

thanks in advance
    lodore

2. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

Many softwares do this already. Your uninstaller, a lot of registry cleaners, system suites.. You can use Hijackthis to control your start up. Thats a small download and a 0$ price.

3. Mem

Mem Registered Member

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hey thanks peeps. f-secure uses 18 processes. if i replaced it with nod32 or kaspersky i would have 16 less processes

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Mem lists the 2 best IMO. I rely heavily on Starter, using Autoruns only once in a while. At home, I have around 30 processes after boot and at work it's 26 or 27. Lean and mean! :D

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

lol only 30. i mainly dont change that.

7. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

21 with my browser running connected by wireless. Commit charge of 167 MB. Not to bad for an ol T21 running XP Pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.