Autorun

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Football, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football

Football Registered Member

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and I have disabled autorun from USBs and hard disks with the Security Analyzer. My question is if I double click an infected USB with Windows Explorer will the autorun be enabled and my computer be infected?:doubt:
    Thank you in advance.

2. bahamot

bahamot Registered Member

Yes, I think so. But you can right click on your USB drive, then right click, select explore (or is it browse?).

Or you can also dir on cmd to see if there's autorun.inf on your USB or not.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    kaspersky 2010 is final now but wont appear on the KL website for around a few weeks to a month.
    with kis2010 whne you insert removable media it will ask you if you want to perform a full scan of the drive. this will help to prevent malware from removable media.

Im not sure if microsoft have done it yet but microsoft are releasing an update that disables parts of autorun that let malware such as conficker that spread using an autorun.inf file.

4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

No, if you have autoruns disabled, your computer will not be infected by opening the USB. With autoruns disabled, the only way for you to be infected by malware on the USB will be if you double-click the malicious file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.