autorun.inf trojan - IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MVANEGAS, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVANEGAS

MVANEGAS Registered Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: I'm having a real bad time with a trojan gen virus which my ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS can't delete for once and for all. The ESET finds the file, tries to desinfect it, but can't so it delete's the file, BUT 3 seconds later the same opperation over and over.:mad: :mad: :mad: HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Try Malwarebytes in safemode.

Thanks.

3. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

Try FileAssassin from MalwareBytes. I have used it to nuke several uncooperative files! I would also run MalwareBytes. Run it from both Safemode and logged in as the user who got the infection. MalwareBytes does not catch somethings in safemode. AV2009 was like this for me. Run from Safe Mode, log in as user problem comes back.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If the file is locked or you don't have permissions to manipulate with the file, no software will help you. We need to know more info: where's the file located, what kind of media, what threat is reported on the file, etc.

5. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

I had a similar experience when my bro came home with a Palevo infected usb. It got past their sophos antivirus at work. I logged in as an administrator and used FileAssasin of Mbam also after which thee was a folder which was a "recycled" which I shredded via TuneUp Utilities shedder. His friend also did that in Safe Mode and worked.

Regards!

6. dorgane

dorgane Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.