Autorun help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by curious george, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curious george

curious george Registered Member

So, this computer im helping to fix is loaded with TONS AND TONS of malware. Booting in safemode wont work, as it gets a BSOD, and the same can be said with regular boot (bet you saw that comin)

Anyways, i know why the computer wont boot, and, its pretty much because random things are running. Using ERD commander, i saw about 500+ entries trying to run, and thats only one user!

What im looking for is a bootable cd that i can use to change the start ups, and autoruns, but, i need it to be able to alter mass amounts, not just one at a time.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but seriously, im going CRAZY

2. progress

progress Guest

I would recommend format c: - you should be able to boot with the Windows CD :)

3. Windchild

Windchild Registered Member

There's no point in trying to clean a system so heavily infected - unless you just have lots of time to waste or want to research what's on there. Ance suggested a format and reinstall. I second that.

4. curious george

curious george Registered Member

Thats the thing...i DONT want to reformat. That would be too easy. Its sort of like a challenge now and i would like to figure it out.

I have already removed most if not all the malware using boot cd's (avira, dr web, UBCD) but the darn thing still wont start.

Im thinking of completely replacing all registry hives with the windows cd...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.