Autoproxy not working with v. 3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by agblugano, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agblugano

agblugano Registered Member

Hi everybody,

i'm already in contact with my reference person for this, but since it's taking too much time and i'm quite worried about it (it's affecting more and more users), i'd like to share my problem with you:

1. Product is EAV BE v. 3, installed and configured by the ERA Server
    2. The configuration contains a proxy setting
    3. All browsers in my network are configured to work with the automatic proxy settings

With NOD32 v. 2.7 everything worked correctly, but with v. 3 the autoproxy is not working anymore. When users are connected to another network (home i.e.) browsers still try to use the proxy settings of my LAN instead of detecting if there is one in the current network and reconfigure accordingly.

Also, on Vista the localhost points to the LAN address instead of the default 127.0.0.1. I had to follow a workaround available online and disable the IPV6 localhost definition in the hosts file....

I think EAV BE v.3 is doing nasty things with the network stack and i'd like to have your opinion and if possible some help on this.

Cheers,

Albe

2. futun

futun Registered Member

Hi Eset-Team,
    is there an solution for this Problem? I'm using the nod32 AV BE.
    I hope you can help.

Kind regards
    ME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.