Autopatcher question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i'm about to send a cd with some standalone scanners to friend who has malware. i was thinking of including Autopatcher too because he has dial-up, but i haven't used it for a year or so. is it easy to use? can he just install it, then follow the instructions when he runs it to up date everything? or can there be conflicts if he has some of the updates? thanks.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Sorry, can`t help with Autopatcher. I use http://www.belarc.com/products.html . Will not cause any conflicts sense it only shows the MS updates that are not installed as well as a wealth of other system info.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

its not that straightfoward.

first off, u will need teh April package, May update, June Update, and July update. i dont know how to put them all together, ud have to ask in teh neowin forums.

secondly for the april package i recommend u pick teh lite installation that does not include the extra add-ons or tweaks.

i think when u run Autopatcher it will automatically select all updates but if not, you just need to make sure all the updates are checked.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for the help. ThunderZ, the reason i thought of using AP is because it will take him a few hours to update his computer on dial-up if he hasn't kept up-to-date. AP has all the updates on one .exe so i can just put that on a cd for him.

WSFuser, are you certain the most recent version doesn't have all the updates needed? i thought it did o_O

5. WSFuser

im certain.

due to the small number of updates and to conserve bandwidth, the last three releases of autopatcher xp (english) are simply updates that u apply to the previous version.

april was teh most recent full release.

iirc, August will be a full release if u want to wait.

6. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

That's right.

After you installing (autopatcher and patches) April restart PC then install May update (as update to full release) and install updates, restart PC again ... install June updates... and so on until July.

Been using autopatcher for a while with no issues.

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'm glad i asked then because i was just going to send the latest autopatcher cd. thanks for the help.

8. WSFuser

rather than restarting the PC multiple times, this is what u can do:

install the april release and each of the updates.

dont run AutoPatcher until after u installed (unpacked) each setup.

everything should be installed to c:\program files\autopatcher\.

if u want u can copy this folder to ur cd and just tell ur friend to run autopatcher.exe or whatever the executable is named.

9. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

From my experiance you will have to restart your PC and run Autopatcher "multiple" times.

10. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I did a clean instal 8 times previous month and I allways installed AutopactherXP 2006 April Full, then May, Jun & Jul updates and then I ran AutopatcherXP and then I restarted PC just once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.