"automatically detect and repair changes in network configuration"

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mfreemanhcp7, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfreemanhcp7

mfreemanhcp7 Registered Member

Sorry to be asking so many questions but:

I have ticked the box in IMON setup to enable the above subject action.

I have noticed that the past few times I have restarted my pc I have been faced with the NOD32 splash screen for several seconds while such repair work is taking place. I then find that I am not able to launch IE whilst connected to my (dial-up) server, as the server IP address / site details have been removed from my firewall ZAPro 4.5.538. I can get around the problem by shutting down my firewall, launching IE and finally restoring the firewall again, at which point the IP address details are reinstated back into the firewall (not always the sameo_O).

Is this normal? What would cause the network configuration to change? and, Should I be concerned. Incidentally, this has only started to occur since I have fully licensed my versions of TDS/WG/PE - but probably not relatedo_O?

Thanks again.

2. Guest999

Guest999 Guest

Why not just disable that option and not have to worry about it each time...........

3. mfreemanhcp7

I have not made any changes in the network configuration but NOD32 has detected such changes, therefore I don't want to disable the function as it might be repairing changes made by an outside influence (eg..hacker).

The problem is that I don't know why changes are being made and trust that NOD32 is keeping me safe whilst this option is enabled.

Not sure if I can explain my problem exactly, does this make senseo_O??

Still confused.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This option enables to repair the LSP chain automatically in case another program has taken over IMON causing it to not work. It is recommended to have it enabled. However, if you keep getting messages at every startup that IMON has adjusted the LSP settings, please contact support. We will provide you a utility that will help us figure out what program conflicts with IMON.

5. mfreemanhcp7

Thanks Marcos, I will explore over the next couple of days and if I can't figure i will make contact as recommended. Thanks for your intervention and support!! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.