Automatically Deleting Spam

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dennyp, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennyp

dennyp Registered Member

With ESET Smart Security 5, is there a way to have spam deleted permanently in Outlook 2007 instead of being put into a separate folder?

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello! :)

I don't use Outlook myself, but automatically deleting emails, even if they are labeled as spam isn't a good idea IMO. FPs are rare when it comes to spam filters but they do happen once in a while, and if one of those important emails were to be deleted automatically then I wouldn't be too happy about it.

But it sounds as you get a lot of spam if you feel the need to have an automatic solution for them? :doubt:

HTH :)

3. dennyp

dennyp Registered Member

I agree that automatically deleting spam might not be a good idea in all cases. But I've been reviewing the 200-400 spam emails I get per day for FPs and haven't yet seen any in 2 weeks of monitoring. So now I just delete all spams without looking at them any more. I can't waste any more time looking a them all.

I didn't see any answer to my initial question, though, regarding setting up ESET to automatically delete spam instead of putting them in a folder. Is that possible?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I think that creating a rule moving all emails with [SPAM] in the subject to the "Deleted items" folder could work.

5. dennyp

dennyp Registered Member

If you are referring to writing an Outlook rule to handle messages with [SPAM] in the subject line, that doesn't work because the rules are run as the emails are first received from the server prior to ESET examining the email and putting [SPAM] in the subject line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.