Automatically Deleting Spam

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dennyp, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennyp

dennyp Registered Member

With ESET Smart Security 5, is there a way to have spam deleted permanently in Outlook 2007 instead of being put into a separate folder?

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello! :)

I don't use Outlook myself, but automatically deleting emails, even if they are labeled as spam isn't a good idea IMO. FPs are rare when it comes to spam filters but they do happen once in a while, and if one of those important emails were to be deleted automatically then I wouldn't be too happy about it.

But it sounds as you get a lot of spam if you feel the need to have an automatic solution for them? :doubt:

HTH :)

3. dennyp

dennyp Registered Member

I agree that automatically deleting spam might not be a good idea in all cases. But I've been reviewing the 200-400 spam emails I get per day for FPs and haven't yet seen any in 2 weeks of monitoring. So now I just delete all spams without looking at them any more. I can't waste any more time looking a them all.

I didn't see any answer to my initial question, though, regarding setting up ESET to automatically delete spam instead of putting them in a folder. Is that possible?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I think that creating a rule moving all emails with [SPAM] in the subject to the "Deleted items" folder could work.

5. dennyp

dennyp Registered Member

If you are referring to writing an Outlook rule to handle messages with [SPAM] in the subject line, that doesn't work because the rules are run as the emails are first received from the server prior to ESET examining the email and putting [SPAM] in the subject line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.