Automatic scheduled scan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by -mn, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -mn

-mn Registered Member

Hi,
    I like to initiate once a day an automatic deep analysis scan with all jingles and bells on

c:\windows\system and c:\windows\system32

I run NOD32 2.7 on XP Prof. and tried with Nod32/SystemTools -> Schedules/Planner

What do I have to fill into the last mask 'run external application' ?

File: c:/Program Files/ESET/nod32.exe
    Work directory: -empty -
    Command Line: c:\windows\system c:\windows\system32 /clean /delete /arch+ /pack+ /ah /quit

Or more ? What about /pattern+ , /heur+ , /scanfile+ , /all , /heurdeep ?

I'm used to run all my applications on a limited account (for security reasons). Am I able to run this scheduled task as 'root/admin' even this user is not logged into the PC, but just the limited user is active ? How? o_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders !

Read the tutorial of NOD32 here and use the parameters explained there .

Yes , I think it is possible . How ? As normal . The task is for all users :)

However , let me ask you something . Why do you want to run scan everyday ? NOD32 has 4 resident modules (AMON , DMON , EMON and IMON) which protect you permanently . Nothing can sneak into the Windows directory if all the protections are enabled . If there is something , NOD32 will pick it up . Daily scan is just an overload , in my opinion :thumb: 3 or max 4 times per month is enough .

3. -mn

-mn Registered Member

I found that a limited user is not able to delete or clean a virus, as root user
    it was possible.

I want to run the check daily because I transfer data also via my memory stick to the PC. At work I'm not allowed to access the company network
    with my PC, so all downloads to my company PC travel via memory stick
    to my personal work PC. .. therefore

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is the job of AMON, it will check every single file being transfered.

Cheers :D

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It depends on the malware type , kind . But it is all connected to way Limited user in XP acts . Scan can be performed :)

OK . But again daily scan is really not needed if AMON and other are enabled :thumb: As you like it :thumb: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.