Automatic response to alerts and notifications

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by dcramphorn, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcramphorn

dcramphorn Registered Member

I am using Eset NOD32 AV v3 and need the ability to automatically respond to alerts and notifications found. I use forensic software to interrogate hard disks and need to be able to complete this with no user intervention to acknowledge virus alerts and notifications. I have cleaning set to 'no cleaning' but this still produces and alert if a virus is found. I have also disabled all alerts and notification bit I believe 'critical' alerts cannot be disabled.

I have read a white paper on the new beta version that states "Notification messages can be hidden and automatically responded to on a per-window basis."

Is this correct, and will this solve my problem?

2. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

you phoned me earlier and i've had time to think about it, you probably actually want to run a Custom scan and tick the option to scan with without cleaning, this should do what want.

Jon

3. dcramphorn

I believe setting the cleaning to 'no cleaning' still produces and alert which requires a manual 'click' before scanning continues. I need alerts to be logged but not require a manual intervention.

4. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

you will get all the threats found logged in the 'On-demand Computer scan' logs

5. dcramphorn

But when a threat is found I still get prompted for an action before a scan continues. I need this to be automatic with no user intervention?

6. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

With my default settings and using a Custom scan to scan folders which I know to contain threats with a scan profile of In-depth scan and the option to Scan without cleaning ticked results in a scan completing with not notifications appearing. The log generated and shown below shows the files detected.

Scan Log
    Version of virus signature database: 3806 (2009012:cool:
    Date: 2009-01-28 Time: 13:59:16
    Scanned disks, folders and files:
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\scan me\oriajnjv.dll - Win32/Adware.SuperJuan application
    C:\Documents and Settings\jonathan.deane\Desktop\scan me\prunnet.exe - Win32/VB.NVE trojan
    C:\Documents and Settings\jonathan.deane\Desktop\scan me\rjbthm.dll - Win32/Adware.SuperJuan application
    C:\Documents and Settings\jonathan.deane\Desktop\scan me\urqQIYRJ.dll - Win32/Adware.Virtumonde application
    Number of scanned objects: 179
    Number of threats found: 4
    Number of cleaned objects: 0
    Time of completion: 13:59:18 Total scanning time: 2 sec (00:00:02)

7. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

What you need is to set On-demand scan in advanced setup to strict cleaning, this way you won't get any alert window when malware is cleaned.

8. dcramphorn

I don't what malware to be cleaned though. I just want an alert sent to a log file so I can action the cleaning later. The data being scanned is forensic software that must stay intact.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Run a scan (without cleaning) and, if malware is found, delete it manually later.

10. Hawk82

Hawk82 Registered Member

hey,

first u need to set that slider in on-demand computer scan to "no cleaning"

ex1.jpg

than u must untick in user interface->alerts and notifications the "display alerts" box :

ex2.jpg

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.