Automatic reboot after image restore?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lasdjfk, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasdjfk

Lasdjfk Registered Member

Is it possible to set TI to automatically reboot as soon as image-restore is completed?

Can it be done at the Linux Kernel prompt?

Can the rescue CD be configure to always have this option?

Thanks,

Andreas

2. Lasdjfk

Anyone?

Sure TI can't be lacking such a basic feature! I know in Ghost it's a peace of cake.
    It would save me a great lot of time since a restoration then can work completely unattended, windows can start up and take all the time it needs to set up the plug and play devices.

Please, any hint? o_O

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lasdjfk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that Acronis True Image reboots the computer after restore procedure if the restore was initiated from Windows. Rebooting after the restore performed with a bootable CD would result in booting with the CD again (as BIOS still has CD as first bootable device).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Lasdjfk

Thanks for the answer,

Wouldn't some kind of timed booting option then be valuable? I mean, like the Windows XP installation CD has - "Press any key to boot from the CD". Or a boot menu which automatically boot to the main drive if you press in say 10 seconds.

I wouldn't mind configuring the CD for this by myself for this if I could just get any hint of how this could be done. Do linux have any equivalent to autoexec.bat that could be configured to do this? Or where is the boot options stored?

Any help appreciated immensely,

Andreas

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lasdjfk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Currently there is no option to modify boot sequence of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media available.
    If you want us to change the behavior of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

When the system is rebooting after a Restore, at the POST screen press the eject button on the cd drive and remove the disc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.