automatic bootable rescue CD(s):

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ottigeda, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ottigeda

ottigeda Registered Member

How can i create bootable rescue cds, like described in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48186, but with an automatic as possible restore process (After the boot of the CD, the user only has to press a button 'yes i want to restore now' and swap CDs if nessecary)

Thanks
    ottigeda

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello ottigeda,

If you're using TI 9.0 Home Build 3633 you can opt to create an image to blank CD R or RW (or DVD-RW) media that also contains the Acronis bootable Media Components and the One-Click Restore. During image creation select the "Set the options manually" radio button, choose "Media components" and then select the components you want to include with the image on the first CD/DVD (e.g. TI (Full) version plus One-Click Restore). The first disk will be bootable, after which you can merely elect to carry out the One-Click Restore. However, I'm afraid TI can't work miracles therefore, if the image spans multiple disk, you will still need to swap the discs yourself :p :D.

Caution - if using the One-Click Restore feature, make sure the image you are restoring is of the whole disk not just of an individual partition. If it isn't then any other partitions on the destination disk will be deleted. You have been warned!!

Regards

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Don't you just love features with a built in Fail Dangerous. I forsee lots of unhappy people searching for lost partitions in my crystal ball. (How they ever got in my crystal ball I'll never know. :)

4. ottigeda

I am using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (German) Build #3567. I assume i have to wait until a german Build #3633 is out? It does not seem to be possible to download an english version, if you bought the german version.

Thanks
    ottigeda

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello again ottigeda,

If you contact Acronis Technical Support via http://www.acronis.com they will exchange your German version licence for an English version one. You can then download and install Build 3633 although, given the current problems with direct DVD recording, you may wish to wait for the next update!!

Regards

6. ottigeda

Hello again

I just downloaded Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (German) Build #3641 to try the new OneClickRestore feature. Because i do not have a burner at my computer i like to have a image from, i did it like in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48186. My Image spans 2 CDs. My problem is that i have to swap the 2 CDs four times until it starts restoring. Is it possible to restore such an image with one or max two swaps in total?

Thanks
    ottigeda

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.