Auto-update not waiting for wireless to establish

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jongie, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jongie

jongie Registered Member

I've recently upgraded to the latest build of v.3. In 2.7, I had a setting that prevented an attempt to auto-update untill the wireless connection had established. I can't find the equivalent in v.3, with the result that I frequently get an "update failed" message because NOD32 had tried updating too soon after the laptop had been turned on.

What is the "work round" in v.3?

Regards

John

2. jongie

jongie Registered Member

I meant to add that the 'events' log file doesn't show these failed updates - I'm sure it did in 2.7? Do I get the feeling that v.3 has been "dumbed" down to make the interface nicer?

Regards

John

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

do you notice a performance hit - or is it just that the failures mean the system waits for another hour to get the updates again?

If the latter, change frequency to more frequent than an hour - say 30 or 20 minutes.

I don't know where the delay until connected is within 3.0 - I don't run it on either my work or home machine.... :blink:

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Change it to 'dial-up' and it'll start the backup when a connection is established.

5. jongie

jongie Registered Member

Thanks for that - I had in fact selected Dial Up as well as Regular Update. If I uncheck Regular Update, does the database only get refreshed immediately after connection is established, and then is not refreshed after that? If so, that seems to leave a hole in the protection.

John

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.