Auto Starts protection from

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jeremy2, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy2

Jeremy2 Registered Member

Auto Starts protection

Hi,

I've an entry that has been added by windows update, at the auto start entries:
    DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1121291420160

When I try to delete it through Hijackthis...Regdefend don't prompt for any action. Is this normal? Knowing that for any other entry, I have on the auto start registry, whenever I try to delete, regdefend react, by asking if I want to Allow/deny.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I don't understand how this cab file can have been entered as an autorun. Does it appear in HJT as an 04 entry? If so what Key is it under?

If it appears as a Global Startup, RD will not be looking for it anyway because it will be entered in a startup folder and not the Registry.

I find that after a Windows update it is best to clear out all the Windows Temp files - have you done that?

Are you sure this is not a piece of Active X appearing as an 016 entry in HJT? If so it is not an aurtostart at all!

3. Jeremy2

Jeremy2 Registered Member

Thanks TopperID for your answer. Yes, the entry appears as 016.
    I thought that any entry appearing on the HijackThis, will be loaded as a start up entry o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.