Auto Scan on Windows Start

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SourMilk, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Does anyone know of an uncomplicated antivirus that will AUTOMATICALLY quick scan drive C on startup? Not looking for firewalls or antispyware or hips, etc. unless the only AV that can do the above has any of those.

Thanks,
    SourMilk out

2. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

Don't know how "quick", but you can configure ESET to do that in the scheduler- entire drive, boot sector, certain files, etc. You can also choose to scan startup files only.

Some have complained the startup file system scan chokes the system; I personally have only noticed a slight slowdown. That scan on my computer lasts around a minute, and I have it configured to scan so many times a week.

Hope this helps.

Jim

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

4. tipo

tipo Registered Member

kaspersky, hitman pro

5. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Thanks again to dueceswild, saraceno, and tipo. I knew if I wanted an answer about antiviruses I could rely on the expertise of our board members. I think Hitman Pro will do what I want until I receive my prize copy of ESET.

SourMilk out

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

SourMilk, FYI -- Norton Internet Security 2010 allows scans to be scheduled “at system startup.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.