Auto Restore?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Fiery_WA, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

Gday

Last night I ran a system backup using Hard Disk Manager Suite, went to bed while it ran.

Got up this morning, thought I would do a system restart, walked away from the PC, while it was rebooting, came back to what I thought would be my Vista OS up and running, only to find Paragon, doing what appears to be a system restore.

I did not have the recovey CD in my rom, and as I have never had this happen on a reboot I am letting it run its course.

Is it restoring my OS? if so why?, at the moment I am using my husbands PC.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

There is no auto-restore option in HDM.
    What is\was shown during the operation? More detailed description will definitely help :)

3. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

I don't know why this just happened, I was using my PC, when all of a sudden a box pops up saying these programs are preventing the Computer from rebooting, so I closed them all, pressed the start key to restart the PC and could not, it was hidden by the box that said I needed all of my programs closed. So I ctrl alt del try and start the task manager, and I recieved a message to the effect of Security permissions denied (I do not remember the exact wording).

So I had to cold boot the PC, after I restarted it, just for a split second it gave me the option to boot into safe mode, I didn't get a chance to do that.

Instead it booted into a recovery again.

Flushing system buffers please wait ........
    Backup Primary Partition 0 (disk 1) to file n:/arc_031120143953138/img_1_031210_144053057_2011_0102.PBF
    Getting Clusters bitmap ...
    The content of file /pagefile.sys was excluded from bitmap.
    Data writing

And once again for some unknown reason it is restoring my PC o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.