Auto Restore?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Fiery_WA, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

Gday

Last night I ran a system backup using Hard Disk Manager Suite, went to bed while it ran.

Got up this morning, thought I would do a system restart, walked away from the PC, while it was rebooting, came back to what I thought would be my Vista OS up and running, only to find Paragon, doing what appears to be a system restore.

I did not have the recovey CD in my rom, and as I have never had this happen on a reboot I am letting it run its course.

Is it restoring my OS? if so why?, at the moment I am using my husbands PC.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

There is no auto-restore option in HDM.
    What is\was shown during the operation? More detailed description will definitely help :)

3. Fiery_WA

Fiery_WA Registered Member

I don't know why this just happened, I was using my PC, when all of a sudden a box pops up saying these programs are preventing the Computer from rebooting, so I closed them all, pressed the start key to restart the PC and could not, it was hidden by the box that said I needed all of my programs closed. So I ctrl alt del try and start the task manager, and I recieved a message to the effect of Security permissions denied (I do not remember the exact wording).

So I had to cold boot the PC, after I restarted it, just for a split second it gave me the option to boot into safe mode, I didn't get a chance to do that.

Instead it booted into a recovery again.

Flushing system buffers please wait ........
    Backup Primary Partition 0 (disk 1) to file n:/arc_031120143953138/img_1_031210_144053057_2011_0102.PBF
    Getting Clusters bitmap ...
    The content of file /pagefile.sys was excluded from bitmap.
    Data writing

And once again for some unknown reason it is restoring my PC o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.