Auto-delete Contents of Sandbox: Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by tes, Jun 1, 2022.

1. tes

tes Registered Member

Sandboxie 5.55.22
    Windows 11 21H2

In order to auto-delete the sandbox after closing Edge, I have had to uncheck both "startup boost" and "continue running background extensions and apps when Edge is closed" under Edge's settings (Security and performance).

While this now delete's the sandbox after closing Edge, it slows down Edge when starting.

Is there another way? (a setting within Sandboxie perhaps?)

Thank you

btw - long time Sandboxie user, wouldn't use the internet without it. Much appreciation to David Xanatos for picking up the project!

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

"slow down" means this.
    ok, i get guiproxy messages form sb classic while running ms edge in the box, dont care.

ofc edge must have a slow start when the box is emptied. this is same when you delete any cache or other data outside - for any browser i have to say. you delete data which need to load again before you can use edge, eg extensions, or lists or... or... and this data set is not equivalent to the existing data outside.

so you push edge back to the stand outside and this need update data, including edge update. not very clever. in fact it makes no sense to run edge in sandboxie because it uses the same date, telemetrie etc as outside. cache? malware? seriously?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.