Auto. clean/delete

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by donlon, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donlon

donlon Registered Member

Hi

I'm running the latest NOD32 (2.12.3) and is pretty much bombarded with Netsky infected e-mails every day.

NOD32 do catch them every time with the big red box popping up :) ...but I would like to have NOD just delete them without annoying me, how do I do that ??
    I have tried to go to "controlcenter - IMON - setup - Misc. - setup - actions" marked E-mail in the drop down box and marked "clean" in the box "If an infiltration is found" and "delete" in "uncleanable infiltrations".

It should then, if an infected e-mail hit my Harddrive, first try to clean and if it's uncleanable, delete it automaticly and not disturb me ...right ?? ....well ...it don't, the big red box poppes up as usual with a "what to do".

Am I doing something wrong ?? - or can't this be done ??

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Open the NOD32 control panel by double-clicking the icon found in your system tray.

If the 'Resident modules and filters" option is not expanded, click it to expand it until you see the modules AMON, DMON, IMON and NOD32.

Click the IMON settings and the right control panel will appear (or change to the IMON status menu.

Click the "Setup" word or icon (a white star inside a blue box with white border).

Click the Miscellaneous tab, then the setup button found under the Scanner options....

I personally advise making sure that you have all the options checked on the setup tab, and Heuristics level set to deep - then click the Actions tab...

For each item in the drop-down (should show Files when you first click into the Actions tab) - select...

If an infiltration is found... Clean
    Uncleanable Filtrations... Delete

Quarantine if you so desire - I don't for email...

save your settings and try again...

regards

GHL.

3. webyourbusiness

what email client are you running?

4. donlon

donlon Registered Member

5. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hi donlon,

We get absolutely loads of email rubbish everyday, the majority infected with Win32/Netsky ?(whatever)worm. I would suggest that you do 2 things:

1 - Use a Spam filter. That should catch the vast majority of the junk coming in.
    2 - Set IMON to "delete" infected emails.

Bandicoot. :)
    (Eset)

Attached Files:

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Oooooohhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh now that is one snazzy looking screen shot there Mr Coot, a new version of Nod32 or a skin? :D

7. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

(Heh heh heh heh heh)......You are a 'one' Mr. Spear, you really are!

It's a skin mate.
    Mr. Coot. :D

8. Blackspear

Woooohoooo we get to skin a Bandicoot, hmmmmm will probably need a dozen or so to make a hat ;) :D

9. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Hi,

Your setup looks correct except for one thing:

Go into Control Center-->NOD32 System Tools-->NOD32 System Setup-->Setup-->General tab

And tick the Silent Mode box.

NOD32 should then do what you're wanting it to.

;)

10. webyourbusiness

I can't help on the incredimail - it does some really weird stuff, and to be honest, we tell our hosting clients to lose it, and we can not and will not support it. We've had mail connections that worked with incredimail - they provided an "update" and lo-and-behold, email was not able to be collected from our servers.

That's just our experience...

our incredimail knowledgebase entry

11. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I use Incredimail and I never have any issues while using NOD32. If you follow the steps provided above, you will not have any problems. If you have any questions about Incredimail, I can help you.

12. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Incredimail is not spyware. I have used it for years and I monitor everything that comes in and goes out on my system and it has never once transmitted anything that I did not send myself. Ad-Aware/Spybot S&D/SpywareBlaster/TrojanHunter/HijackThis & NOD32 have never once found anything from Incredimail.

13. webyourbusiness

in the TOS you give them the right to see all of your email.... I don't care what you call that... I call it spyware.... and...

http://email.about.com/cs/incredimailtips/qt/et063003.htm

(anonymous or not - I won't sanction giving out that info to any software provider)...

From their TOS:

hmmm... ok... no notice WHATSOEVER...

Give out your email server address, login and password? You must be crazy...

Here is one of their "get-outs"...

here is another -

and another....

and another.....

and that is my favorite .... if their service screws up, and information gets our and you get sued, then YOU will hold them harmless from any suits levied against you.... I'm sorry... you have GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!

I got fed up reading it for BS at that point... but I think there were 1 or 2 other dubious pieces between section 16 and the end of the document.

In a nut-shell - you continue to use Incredimail if you want to... I'm going to continue to use the simplest terms to explain to our clients why using it is a bad idea - in my opinion, it is spyware, and you are providing both logins, password, email and other information to the incredimail providers - doing so will certainly breach the terms of service of OUR HOSTING division - and giving your logins and passwords to third-parties is a breach of most hosting companies and ISPs TOS.

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

ps - I never said NOD32 and Incredimail would have problems working together - I said that I could not help (because I make a point of not supporting applications I vehemently don't believe in).

14. donlon

donlon Registered Member

Thanks guys, your the BEST

I'll try to set IMON to "delete" all infected e-mails ....but I'm not sure I need IMON to go silent !!! - any comments on that ??

DAMN !!! this forum ROCKS !!!!

John

15. Blackspear

Leave that setting alone then, better to have a warning visible...

Cheers :D

16. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Hey, how do you apply skins to NOD32?

17. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hi quexx88,

You can't specifically apply a skin to NOD32. I'm just using Window Blinds which applies it's skin to virtually all my windows and pop-ups, but not to the main NOD32 Control Centre GUI.

Hi donlon,

Glad you like the show so far!!! (Heh heh). I would agree with Mr. Spear about not enabling Silent Mode. If you're in a network, you may be happier having certain messages sent to an administrator, for example, but if you're a single user, personally I'd prefer to see all messages that NOD32 throws up at me.

Your main issue was that you are getting loads of crap email every day and you're getting a bit fed up with keep seeing the IMON alert window, yes? That was why my suggestion would maybe fit the bill for you. It works well for me anyway.

I think the great thing about NOD32 is that we can all set it up slightly differently to suit our needs.... it's quite a flexible programme. So have a fiddle around....!! :D

Bandicoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.