Australia's NBN (National Broadband Network)

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Krusty, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

NBN fix involves a $20 billion write-down of the project that would hurt Morrison Government surplus goal

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

In my case, it's cheaper and nearly twice as fast as ADSL2 was. Unfortunately with my fibre to the mode connection, I'm stuck with the 25Mbps plan. It's not as fast as I would like, but in reality, is fast enough.

I'm one of the lucky ones, who doesn't suffer from dropouts. I had some major issues when I first switched to the NBN, but my ISP made some changes and sent me a new router and this fixed the issues.

3. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

My NBN is fixed wireless.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones too. At first I was regularly getting nearly 25 mb/s (up from 10 mb/s max on ADLS2), then at some point it was slowing down to 1 mp/s download speeds at times. I contacted the TIO and sent them a file with a pile of speed test results. Things slowly improved.

I'm now getting consistently just under 50 mb/s download and around 8 or 9 mb/s upload. I never made any change to my account and am not about to quiz my ISP while I'm getting those speeds.

Originally my plan was 200 GB/month, then my ISP doubled that. They took the limit away on their own and I'm on unlimited now.

4. guest

guest Guest

NBN moves into Layer 3 with Sky Muster Plus launch
    August 12, 2019
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/nbn-moves-into-layer-3-with-sky-muster-plus-launch/

5. guest

guest Guest

NBN pricing paper proposes new 100/20, 250/25, and 1000/50Mbps tiers
    September 17, 2019
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/nbn-pricing-paper-proposes-new-10020-25025-and-100050mbps-tiers/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.