Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro Free for everyone for limited time

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ViVek, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

http://giveaway.downloadcrew.com/

2. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I think Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro better than O&O Defrag 15.8 Professional.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

no link for serial code on website.o_O

4. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

You must create an account to get serial number.
    :thumb: :thumb:

5. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Did you create an account at downloadcrew? It is free and you need it to avail these giveaways. After log in link to get the serial code will be available in the giveaway page:)

Regarding auslogics, will the product stop working after a year or only upgrades to future versions disabled?

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i see a download link but no serial code?? edit: had to refresh the page for some reason the green button was not there. got it now. thank you

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Go right to the bottom of the page...it is long...and you should see a section on "How To Get Your Serial Code" which advises that you obtain this from the website by clicking the "Get Serial Code" button at the end of the section.

You then have a "Your Serial Code" section but you have to accept (tick) the following "I understand that, as part of this promotion, I may receive a follow-up email from Auslogics".

If you do you can then use the "Get Serial Code" button which displays the serial code on the web page.

Hope that helps?

Balders

8. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I've installed Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro on my Win 8 laptop and wanted to Optimize by Prefetch Layout. I got a message "Prefetch needs to be enable".
    How to enable my Prefetch?

9. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Wow, thanks for posting this :thumb:

10. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

good evening.just installed auslogics defrag pro and wow its an eyeful lol.:thumb:
    Seems to be ok and runs well with no issues.
    Thank you for the above link.:thumb:

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I already have the free version 3. I'm not interested in scheduling or running in the background, so is there a good reason for me to install the pro version? Thanks for any input from users. :)

12. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Thanks for posting, i grabbed it. Time to ditch Puran Defrag. :D Although i do wonder if "SSD defragmentation" isn't just a placebo or even harmful thing.

13. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

14. MADx

MADx Registered Member

I was using Download Crew's 160 day license and that was about to run out. I was going to buy it for $9.95, but decided to wait, I'm happy I did. Now I get it for free. Thanks!

Got my License, again thanks for posting. :D

15. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Do you need to reg at that site??

16. Trooper

Yes you do.

17. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Thanks Trooper!! ;)

18. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Got it and nice! Free is a very good deal!!

19. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Auslogics already gave away the Pro version for free on GOTD some time back and now on DownloadCrew. Seriously, anyone who've been using Auslogics Disk Defrag Free should just grab a key.

20. Fuzzfas

I must say, i am disappointed... I have tried since yesterday at least 6 defrags with Auslogics, on a highly defragmented disk and it does a very superficial job and finishes way too quickly with poor results. I put Puran Defrag to do its thing on the same disk and Puran started doing a much more thorough job, after half an hour, it was still at 5%.

I mean, this is after 6 Auslogics defragmentations (fully finished, with "Simple Defrag" on balanced and high profile, with and witout SSD compatibility checked). It's disappointing to say the least. "Defragmented successfully". What would happen if it was unsuccessful?

1.png

Now i am putting back Puran to do its job, will see what happens when i let it finish. I suspect too much intelligence for its own good in Auslogics...

Oh and i don't have pagefile on D:, but on C (which is an SSD), so i 've no idea why Auslogics thinks that i have it on D...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  21. Victek

Victek Registered Member

From the screenshot I can't tell how much free space there is on that partition, but it looks very low. The less free space there is the more difficult it becomes to defrag the disk properly. This might explain the poor results. Some defraggers will refuse to run if free space is below a certain threshold.

22. Fuzzfas

Click to the screenshot to increase its size. It's 580GB free out of 1,8TB. Could be that it's not enough for Auslogics, but in the meanwhile, Puran is still defragmenting (at 39% at the moment). I am curious to see the cluster image once its finished.

23. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

I have to agree with Fuzzfas' conclusion. I tried this Auslogics defragger on my C-drive and my first impression was wow, that was a fast defrag! But when I used my PerfectDisk 12.5 to analyze the results it showed my drive to be considerably fragmented! So then I defragged my C-drive again with PerfectDisk and after completion the files on the drive appeared to be far more consolidated.

Maybe it's a case of 'different defrag results with different defraggers' (akin to 'different strokes for different folks'), but PerfectDisk has built a pretty good reputation over the years, so I'm more comfortable placing my trust in it. ;)

Cruise

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  24. Fuzzfas

Well, surprise, my i just found pagefile to my D: drive! This is something weird going on and i suspect it has something to do with Paragon... Already during boot, before the Windows Logo, i get 5-6 greenish dashes, which aren't normal. I suspect that when Paragon restores the image, for some reason a pagefile is created to the D instead of C disk (i had left it to automanage with Windows).

I am gonna re-install Windows and go back to Macrium, i 've never had this thing happen. This doesn't change that Puran is really trying to defrag this. But maybe something is really messed up. So, i will reinstall Windows from scratch, get rid of Paragon, manually set pagefile on C: and see if Auslogics changes heart on the matter...

25. Trooper

You are welcome glad you got it. Wish I was able to get another license but hey, one free license is cool for me.

Cheers. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.