august update w7 sp1 , clean disk ->windows updates gone

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

i updated the last august w7 sp1 64bit hotfixes and now when i run clean disk , in the list windows updates is gone

it's weird because in the past , i had always the option to enable or disable and i had always 2mb of windows updates

is it normal ?
    do you have in the list windows updates?

the option is gone after the august update , and reboot , and i run clean disk to get rid of updates(200mb i don't remember exactly)

thanks

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

First the Windows Update Cleanup option only shows in Disk Cleanup if you "run as administrator" (but you knew that). Also it will not display if there are no saved updates to remove. I've noticed that sometimes after installing updates there's no cleanup option so I guess removable backups are not always created (?)

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    yes i always run as administrator
    well everytime kept 2mb under windows update , and remember it removed the windows updates during the shutdow/reboot
    @Victek may i ask you ? do you have w7 august hotfixes updated?
    when do you run disk cleanup do you have in the list windows update cleanup option ?

thanks!

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes I have the August updates installed and there's no option to remove backups in Disk Cleanup. I've run Disk Cleanup a few times recently though and I can't be certain that the option to remove backups was never displayed for the August updates. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.