Audio Song

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by khanyash, Jan 1, 2015.

1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I listen audio song on my full HD TV.
    I download songs with 4kdownloader & fdm alpha 5.
    4kdownloader gives 320k, 256k & 128k mp3 songs.
    fdm alpha 5 gives audio songs in 128k mp4.
    Which one would be better mp3 or mp4?
    If mp3, which among 3 options?

2. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

mp4 is a container. The music file inside it could also be an mp3 encoded file.

In theory the higher the bitrate is the higher the sound quality is. In the real world, we have people who tell that they can't hear differences between a mp3 encoded file and the redbook CD standard, and we have those who tell that they can hear differences between lossless redbook and a very high resolution file (24bit/192khz).

3. khanyash

The mp4 has inside AAC encoded file.

The prob is mp4 video file downloaded from youtube that has AVC video & AAC audio plays fine on my TV, BUT this audio only mp4 that also has AAC audio doesn't plays on my TV i.e I get format not supported, why?

4. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Don't know. Try to extract the files inside and put together again as mkv or mp4. MKVToolnix can do that.

5. khanyash

I dont know if MKVToolnix will solve the format not supported or not coz it just changes the container, right?
    My videos that give format not supported, I reencode them with Vidcoder but Vidcoder doesn't provide audio only support as when I browse audio only files, it gives error.
    I will try MKVToolnix & report.

UPDATE - I tried MKVToolnox & it too gives error for mp4 audio when I try to add it. mp3 adds fine.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  6. guest

guest Guest

I do believe one of Pazera's toolkits can extract audio streams directly. Although you might need another tool to rebuild the file back to MP4. Does it really need to be in MP4? Can't it be played in AAC?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.