Attempting to authenticate my wireless connection

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Dragon1952, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

My dell wireless does not work anymore. It is always showing that it is attempting to authenticate. Any idea on how to fix this so i can use my wireless.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

First the obvious and easy.

Check the wi-fi with a phone or another device; reset the router or disconnect it from the ac power, wait some seconds and re-connect it; reconfigure the wi-fi connection with another login data, or ask the ISP to do it; check the wi-fi card status in the Device manager, disable it and reboot; check with a USB wi-fi adapter, if available.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. Dragon1952

My phone connects to my wifi but my computer does not anymore.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It may be a driver issue. Open Device Manager, and right click on your wifi adapapater and select Uninstall. Check the box to remove the software for it, if there is one. Then right click on any device in Device Manager, and select Scan for hardware changes. Device Manager will find your wifi adapter agian and hopefully Windows will install a driver for it. If Windows can't find a driver, or if the driver if installed also doesn't work, go to the Dell website on another computer and download the wifi adapter for your model of computer.

6. Dragon1952

Are you saying that i should uninstall the driver software for my wifi adapter...

7. roger_m

Yes, as it may be causing the problems, and a different version of the driver may work fine.

8. Dragon1952

Does my phone use the wifi adapter in my computer because my phone connects to wifi good.

9. roger_m

No it will be connectiong to your wireless modem or router, just like your coomputer is trying to do.

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

What did you do just before this happened? The answer is often the easy answer to the problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.