Attachments

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by malformed, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malformed

malformed Former Poster

Is the *new* 5 attachment limit a permanent upgrade from one, or just temporary trial run/test?

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s not so recent. Why u think it temp?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, the limit has been 5 for a little while now. It is permanent, as was the increase in individual image file sizes so that people can better document the things they are seeing on their screens. At some point, we may disallow remote IMG tag files, (as many people don't like to have connections made to other servers when they are on one specific website), so we decided to allow more and larger locally uploaded files.

4. malformed

malformed Former Poster

Thanks Mike

I know the 5 attachment limit had been implemented temporarily before ... whether just a day or two or even a week. I only noticed the capability was once again available yesterday, so I had to enquire.
    I do hope you implement that [it's an easy request when you don't foot the bills ;)], not only are the extra connections unwanted, many times they aren't reliable either - where the image maybe pulled because of excess bandwidth, or for a variety of other reasons the external site no longer hosts the image - in the end could render older threads useless without that information available.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.