Attachments and Firefox/Mozilla

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Firefox/Mozilla will not reach the attachments popup window when you click on "manage attachments". So I cannot upload an attachment using these browsers. I can using IE.

I think this must be due to the latest TBE version. I had the earlier version on here because I was having trouble with Firefox download manager and I recall when this software first went up I could upload an attachment here on Firefox and Mozilla. I just installed the newest version of Tabbedbrowserextensions last night and now I can't upload an attachment. Must be TBE. Greatest extension of them all...can't live without it ...yet the Firefox developers say not to use it as it reaches so deep in to the browser that it changes large amounts of core coding. It is one of the primary reasons many use Firefox so no one is paying attention to the developers complaints.

At my home site, I cannot use the site spell checker when using Firefox/Mozilla as Tabbedbrowserextensions doesn't handle the child/parent window relationship properly as the window opens but immediately flies to the taskbar and stays there. Here at Wilders the window doesn't even open. Others at my home site who use TBE and Firefox don't have the problem. So this could be some weird something unique to my Firefox. I solved the problem at dslr easily though by just installing the spell checker for Firefox and using it. Not so easy to solve this sort of problem when it involves uploading attachments!

Since the attachment size is so small here still, this problem probably won't bother me a great deal as the size is so limiting that I won't upload much here. Still though, it is distressing to see that this doesn't work now with these browsers.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mele,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. But reading your post, this does not seem a board software issue - it's a Firefox/Mozzila issue, coming with the specific personal use of it.

We have no plans to change the upload size limit, btw.

regards,

paul

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yes, I agree it is a TBE problem and I will be reporting the bug to the TBE developer. This problem will be there for anyone using TBE and this software and other boards use this software so it's not just a problem here. TBE is, as I have said, is wildly popular with Firefox users. The developer is supposedly working on a much lighter version and totally major change for TBE, probably at the urging of the Firefox developers, so all this might change in the near future.

The really serious problem I have here is that now Firefox is having the same cache problems that I had with the old software. I could see when I came here just now that you had posted in two threads in this forum since I was last here and my last visit time changed when I came here this time but I could not see your posts when I clicked on each thread. I had to refresh and then I could see them. Having to refresh over and over and over and over like I had to do on the old software makes using Firefox almost impossible and now it is happening with the new software. Funny thing though this wasn't happening at the other forum I have been frequenting recently that uses this new software. Big mystery. :(

My choice, if it ever came down to it, would be to not come here if I had to give up TBE to do so or if I had to use IE. I really like this site but I hate IE, can't read anything when I'm using it and I love Firefox and TBE. (Of course, I need to come here for the NOD32 forum, but I could always move on to KAV if I had to). So, I hope this can get worked out. :)

I need to fire up my W98SE box and see if this happening on that OS also.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mele,

I do hope the TBE developer will come up with a solution soon ;)

As for your problem: is this in anyway related to your reply #4 over on this thread?

regards.

paul

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Sigh. I give up. I am so confused and frustrated. Earlier today when I came here for the first time today, via a saved tab in Firefox and I clicked refresh, wow! everything refreshed properly for the first time in the NOD32 forum and when I would read a thread with new posts and then click NOD32 at the top of the page when finished, the thread would unbold. Everything was working correctly....for a while.

I've been on this site for four hours now (with forays during that time to my home site) and now everything is messed up again. I see stale pages again and when I go, say from this box to the NOD forum, I see there are new posts but no threads are bolded! So I pulled up Mozilla which was minimized and clicked on the Wilders forum tab and then went to the NOD forum and again the threads that have new posts aren't bolded but there is some refresh happening otherwise I wouldn't see that there are new posts.

This is so weird. I don't know if it is due to tabbed browsing or the fact that I don't close the tab all day and have a tab open to here on two browsers all day or some interaction between them.

So, I don't know what has to do with what anymore!

6. Ghostman1953

Ghostman1953 Registered Member

I`m sorry if this sounds stupid but did you download the latest version of Firefox which is .07, and you also have to settup all your preferences for downloads etc?

7. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Ghostman - The version of FireFox that I have is version 0.8, so i doubt if ".07" is the latest.

Also, what's up with the huge system specs? Pete

8. Ghostman1953

Ghostman1953 Registered Member

Oops, I meant 8. :)

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Agreed. :doubt:

Ghostman1953,

I'm sorry but you can't have a font that large in your signature here, per this policy: Policy: Member Signatures and Images.

I've lowered your signature's font size from 6 to 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.