ATIW9.1 Bld 3718 "The file is corrupted. (0x4000D) Tag=..."

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by arthurw, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arthurw

arthurw Registered Member

ATI Workstation 9.1 Build 3718 on WinXP Pro SP2 with all updates.

I have a 500GB Hitachi SATA2 drive for media -- too big to image entirely, so I back up various folders using the Files and Folders mode.

When I image the M:\Photographs folder, ATIW gives the following error on completion: "Operation completed with errors".

The log has the following entires:

Type: Error
    Module: 4
    Error (Code): 13 (0x4000D)
    The file is corrupted. (0x4000D) Tag = 0xC847B314771C5EB3

Type: Error
    Module: 100
    Error (Code): 5 (0x640005)
    Operation has completed with errors.

Partition imaging of other drives (such as system on C) works fine.

It seems there's a corrupt file - but how do I identify it?

Have defragged and run error-checking several times. No file/disk errors reported by WinXPSP2.

Help/assistance/support/suggestions/comments highly appreciated - I can't afford to lose this data!

2. nusrat

nusrat Registered Member

arthurw, there are several other people (including myself) who are experiencing corruption in selective file/folder backup.
    Even if the backup process claims to complete successfully, you may find that a subsequent "Validate" operation reports corruption. I *STRONGLY* urge you to run Validate *IMMEDIATELY*, on *ALL* other selective file/folder backups which you *think* were successful.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145333
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=143800

3. Daniel0312

Daniel0312 Registered Member

I'm having exactly the same problem, and reading the other related posts I feel confident it's a bug.
    Can anybody tell me if the problem comes from the backup process or the validation process?

4. Mike49th

Mike49th Registered Member

I believe the problem is with the TIWS validation process.

The rational is that I have created a small file/folder backup using both TIHome and TIWS. The archives validate fine from the Win and CD version of TIHome but fail under both Win and CD versions of TIWS.

I have just reported to these findings to Acronis and I'm waiting for their follow up.

Hope this helps!

5. Menestheus

Menestheus Registered Member

I too am having the same problem (and exact same error code) so I'm eager to see a response from Acronis on this.

Though from what I'm seeing on this forum I guess I can expect to wait another week or so. :eek:

6. arthurw

arthurw Registered Member

Any news, Acronis?

As an aside, I eventually decided to image the entire drive to a 500GB USB-attached disc, and guess, what, no "file corrupted" errors. I've only done this once, but it does seem to suggest that Mike49th's supposition that it's a validation bug is correct.

Acronis: We really need better confidence that files/folders backups are OK.

7. Wber

Wber Registered Member

As I have an other issue using ATI 9.1 WS from the boot CD, I submited a request for technical support.
    I got a private link to an advanced build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Boot Media CD in order to check whether my problem is corrected (unfortunately it is not but this is out of this thread).

Using this new build, I am able to validate with success a "Files and Folders" archive which is reported corrupted with the build 3718.

So, the issue described in this thread seems really to be only a validation bug.

Post a request for technical support using your registration account and you'll get a new Boot Media CD in order to validate your archives.
    You can use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation build 3718 running in Windows to build these archives.
    This is the workaround I can suggest until the next build will be released.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.