ATIH 2009 scheduled task startup causes Default User Profile to load upon login

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by widbcc, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widbcc

widbcc Registered Member

This is a repeatable error that has been reported to ATIH 2009 Customer Support. Responses from Customer Support will be reported here.

I'm running ATIH 2009 Build 9646 on XP Home SP3, 1.5 GB memory.

Upon XP system startup, the XP login screen appears listing all the users. If the login of the user under which ATIH 2009 runs isn't completed before an ATIH 2009 scheduled backup begins, then login brings up the default user profile, rather than the selected user profile. Windows XP does NOT report any errors in the profile.

I have attached the ATIH log for 1-18-2009 when the task was scheduled to run, and for 1-19-09 when I restarted the system and it went to the default user profile.

The backup apparently ran successfully, even though errors were reported, because I found it on the backup volume, and opened it and accessed files therein successfully.

This error has occurred once before under the same conditions.

Apparently, what happens is that once the user logs in, the "lock" the running ATIH 2009 placed on some or all of the files on the volume to be backed up (BEFORE login occurs) prevents the system from accessing the user profile files. And so, login to the default user profile occurs. All the user profile information, including the desktop, is the default user profile used by XP when the selected user profile is unavailable.

While logged in, in the default user profile, I disabled the ATIH 2009 backup task and shut off the machine.

Upon restart, the normal user profile loaded and the system performs normally.

I opened ATIH 2009 and edited the backup task to reset it to deal with the error reported when I tried to run it manually. (See the log for 1-19-2009)

This has occurred once before, so now when it occurs, I know what to do.

Please know I am NOT installing ATIH 2009 to replace Version 11 on my wife's machine until this problem is fixed. (I purchased two updates.) This problem doesn't occur in ATIH Version 11.

Please let me know when this problem is fixed and I can download the version of ATIH 2009 with the fix installed and test it on my machine and then install it on my wife's.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello widbcc,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please download the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (9709) from your account (My Account -> Registered Products) and test it first. If the issue persists contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue and attach log file to your request.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. widbcc

widbcc Registered Member

Thanks Dimitri. I downloaded the 9709 version when I saw that it was available in another post. I'll let you know if the problem re-occurs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.