ATIH 2009-Build 9769 does not make any backup!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jbecher, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbecher

jbecher Registered Member

Hello,

after I upgraded from atih11 to atih 2009 I get errors when running any kind of backup. I tried to
    - de- and reinstalling atih 2009
    - upgrade to latest build 9769
    - backup mail, systemstatus, applications, partitions,...
    - backup type full, incremental ...
    - backup to NAS storage, usb harddisk, local partition
    but the bakup process anytime hangs of with message "ati service has discovered a problem and will shutdown".
    In the log there is no error message.
    Additionally I saw that while service was running it reports "...166% finished"!
    I don't have any glue what is going wrong with atih2009. I had used atih 11 for some years without any problems.
    Has someone here a idea what's wrong with my installation, software or anything else.

Thx and regards,

jbecher

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

When you uninstalled did you download and run the Acronis registry cleaner utility?

What language version is 9769?

What OS are you using?

You could try deleting all tasks, uninstalling TI, run the cleanup utility and then re-install.

3. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Build 9769 is a new build number to me. It is not a UK build.

Do you mean build 9709?

4. jbecher

Hi,

bild 9769 is the german version. Acronis provided it as the update for my old version...
    However, I deinstalled atih09 again via windows deinstaller, then with acronis-cleanup. After reinstalling atih09, I tried to backup my emails again.
    And again the popup "ati service has discovered a problem and will shutdown" appeared. Closing it I could still work with atih09. In the log it was marked as running but after 3 hours nothing changed I was killing it. Additionally the service icon in taskbar looks like it runs but it states again "...168% finished". In the first minutes after start (before the service stops), it was "...2358% finished"o_O
    Obviously there is still something wrong.
    Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

jbecher

PS: I run Win XP Pro, SP3, Firewall: Sygate, Virus: NOD32 (both not running while backup)

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Does making a whole Disk Image work?

Before you uninstalled, did you delete all the current tasks?

If this is happening only in a files and folders/email backup, this narrows the field on where the problem may lay.

It might be worth checking in Services.msc (type that into the Run option off the start bar or right click My Computer and choose Manage, then select Services) that the Acronis ones are on Automatic, that RPC is enabled and automatic.

If none of these seem to work, it might be worthwhile (to check nothing is broken in Windows somwhere) to yet again uninstall 2009 and re-install v11, and see if it still works.

It may also be an idea to just check the firewall - delete any Acronis entries, run the firewall in interactive mode, start TI and see if permission to run is requested by the firewall.

6. jbecher

hi,
    thanks for the tips I'll checking them right now...

regards,

jbecher

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jbecher,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If nothing helps, I would recommend you to update Acronis scheduler and SnapAPI drivers.

1) Please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer.

2) Please install SnapAPI380 update available here, reboot the computer to complete the changes and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

8. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

IF all else fails then you could try a different approach.

Try out the English version of ATI, uninstall the German version first .
    Down load the English trial version from the Acronis UK site.

If the English version works then all you need to do is sort out the licence.

I have seen postings here where German users have swapped their German software licence for a Uk Licence. You just need to contact Acronis to get this done.

It is not ideal but you are obviously fluent in English so you might not be bothered running an English version.

You could even have the American English version if you wanted! :)

9. jbecher

Hello,

first of all thank you for the different hints.
    Unfortunately I didn't succeed in gettin atih09 running.
    I dit I think all of your suggestions, i.e. installing snapapi380, acronis sceduler and installing english trial version. All that with and without firewall and antivirus running.
    The result ist I get at least normal backups running.
    But the email backup hangs off with the same strange messages "ati service has discovered a problem and will shutdown". and "...166% finished"!

Does anyone of you have more suggestions for me? I checked forums but I didn't find any similar errors...o_O

The last option will be switching back to atih11, but I won't accept it.
    @Acrons Support,

What are the next steps for solving the error? Please help!

Thanks and best regards,

jbecher

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What Email client are you using? Outlook, OE, Exchange etc.

Is the email client open and or running when you try to make the email backups?

Have you tried running the backup before starting your email client?

11. jbecher

Hello,

I'm running outlook 2007.
    I tried backup with running outlook and without running outlook. In both cases the errors occur.

regards,

jbecher

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jbecher,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please clarify where backup file is placed (whether it's on internal, external, or network hard drive)?

Also, to find the exact reason of the issue we need several diagnostic files. Could you please let me know your e-mail address via PM? I will create a case for you.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

13. jbecher

hello,

I tried already to backup on nas server, on local hard disk and on external usb hard disk.

regards,

jens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.