ATIEW Build 8353 Major Bugs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jbswift, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbswift

jbswift Registered Member

The company I work for is a distributor of this software. I test Acronis released builds throughly before commiting these for use with our customers. Since we are an OEM manufacturer, our hardware stays pretty consistent for a few years at a time to minimize any problems. As I mentioned, there are two major bugs with this software and I also reported these for build 8345 which was pulled off the website for unknown reasons.

1) When using the management console connected to the remote agent running under Windows, the recovery operation will report "Failed to activate Acronis bootable agent bootwiz.sys" after selecting to reboot the remote machine. Backing up images using management console and group server work fine. The bootable agent running on the bootble rescue media also functions properly for both backup and restore. The only difference I see from previous builds are new recovery screens for Windows NT signature.

2) The bootable rescue media on a USB flash drive freezes or says "Please wait" forever when you try to configure the archive location for backup or recovery. The media boots fine and detect all drives perfectly. The only difference I see here is Acronis increased the screen resolution from prior builds. Without this working, the rescue media is totally inoperative. Our PCs have no CD support, so a USB flash drive is my only alternative for rescue media.

The last two builds 8163 & 8206 test successfully on these systems. My hardware has not changed and Acronis has also tested my hardware in the past at the Burlington facility under these builds. You would think the corporate versions of the software would get more rigorous testing. Now I'm probably stuck with no future builds working in our system. I hope Acronis pulls this build and fixes these problems immediately.

2. jbswift

jbswift Registered Member

Update: I still have made no progress on why this software contains these problems. Live chat in India agrees. I at least have a case number now, but I bet a new release will not happen due to the new corporate versions coming out. I did manage to test these problems across multiple computers with clean installations and the result is always the same. I even tried the rescue media on CD, and item 2 still freezes across multiple laptops. If I go back to the previous build in every case, all is well. If Acronis would spend 15 minutes and test these 2 reported items, I bet they see the same thing. I don't know how many corporate users there are here, but I bet I'm not the only one seeing these issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.