ATIEW Build 8206 Management Console Recovery ACRONIS Reboot Failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jbswift, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbswift

jbswift Registered Member

Hello,

When I configure a recovery operation using the management console, the software prompts to reboot the remote PC just prior to the operation starting, however the reboot never happens. This is not a pre/post command. If I manually restart the remote PC by the Windows START menu, the Acronis script is run after reboot and the recovery operation finishes with success. I have tested this function successfully late last year with build 8163, with both the Admin and remote PC as part of a Workgroup. Since then, my IT department setup the Admin PC in a domain, but the remote PC still remains in a workgroup. This made connecting to the network share a little more difficult, but I can't seem to figure out why the Acronis embedded reboot command fails to work. If I setup a pre-command to see if the software processes this prior to the reboot or recovery operation, this does work. I also went back and tried build 8163, and this has the same problem as well. I don't know if this is related to the domain/workgroup switch that changed on my end. Any help is appreciated.

2. jbswift

I did some more testing using the pre-command to try and see why the Acronis software doesn't issue a remote PC reboot for the recovery operation. If I use "shutdown -r", I notice the remote PC still doesn't reboot. If I use "shutdown -f -r", then this works. Since I don't need a pre-command, I decided to close all running applications from the Windows task manager and repeat the recovery operation as I would normally run it. This worked successfully. Now my question is why doesn't the Acronis software take care of closing all applications so the remote PC can reboot and start the recovery operation on its own? Maybe I will try there online chat and see what they have to say.

3. jbswift

Update: As a work around, I wrote a batch file which runs as a pre-command to kill the tasks (2) that are running. This makes the embedded Acronis reboot work properly for remote recovery using the management console. There are some low level applications in our image that are needed to be running for transponder security access (RFID) to work in our remote PC. I still don't understand how I got this to work before without a pre-command in build 8163. Nothing in our remote PC image has changed in the past year. Hopefully I can find some time tomorrow to chat with Acronis about this. Even if this is a problem, the new corporate verison 10 supposedly comes out this month and the GUI and functionality has the look and feel of home version 12. This means build 8206 is the last build for corporate version 9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.