ATI V9 in msconfig/services question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LisaK2, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LisaK2

LisaK2 Registered Member

I would like to only use ATI 9 for sperate individual full back ups that I set manually on an occassion that I choose. I don't want the program to run automatically.

I see three listings in msconfig for Acronis;
    1.True image monitor
    2. Timeounter monitor
    3. scheldhlp

I see this listing under running Services;
    1.Acronis scheduler 2

I beleive these are the only listings, if there are any others that I am missing, please inform. I have looked through the manual and was not able to find, nor determine what each listing did, so I am bringing it to the list in hopes of clarification.

My question is, can I uncheck and set these listings to not run and still have Acronis function in the capacity of my intent, Which is to setmy own full backups and restore them if needed?
    Thanks in Advance!
    Lisa

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Correct. They are needed only to do automatic scheduled Backups.

3. LisaK2

LisaK2 Registered Member

So it's okay to uncheck and disable them?
    Lisa

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Once you start up ATI processes, you'll probably automaticlly start these up and have to manually stop them or they will keep running unless you change their operation mode from automatic to manual (under the Services manager, not under MSconfig -- msconfig only affects whether they start at boot up).

But there's no real need or benefit to stopping them, the resources involved when they are not active are virtually zilch and it saves you having to turn them on and off. It's not like windows will suddenly become less confused or operate faster if you turn them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.