ATI Stalls Choosing Second Backup Location

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Imageman, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imageman

Imageman Registered Member

Vista Ultimate 64bit | Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 11.0 (build*8,101)

I'm a new user. Purchased and installed TI over trial software today. Now stalls when attempting to set up a second backup location. Goes into Vista 'Not Responding' mode. I let it rest for over an hour, but still NR? Help appreciated - IM

2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

From what I'm told , you have to uninstall the trial version FIRST-will mess it up otherwise. Good Luck!!:D

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Imageman,
    Welcome to the forum.

Yes, definetely un-install using the Windows Add/remove programs to un-install.
    As a result of having both on your system, you may even have problems with a re-install. Acronis does offer a un-install cleanup program to use after the normal un-install.

You will need to make new Rescue CD's using the paid version. Check this link.

How To Create a TrueImageHome Rescue CD
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=188253

If you have some spare time, check line 2 of my signature below for some reading material.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Imageman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

- Reproduce the issue and wait for "the application is not responding" message to appear;
    - Run Task Manager (press Ctrl-Shift-Esc buttons);
    - Go to "Processes" tab and right-click on the freezed process;
    - Select "Create Dump File" item from the menu;
    - Collect the .DMP file created;
    - Open Start->Run (or press Windows-R buttons) type "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive" string without quotes and hit Enter key
    - After that you will see a folder (or a few folders), the name of which starts with "Report"
    - Collect the Report.wer file from the last created folder
    Please note that you may add the two collected files into rar or zip archive file.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Imageman

Imageman Registered Member

Marat, GroverH, nb47 - Thank you for your suggestions and help. I'm pleased to say that True Image is now running flawlessly - IM

6. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

My pleasure!! :D

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Imageman,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.