ATI Management Console Issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EdenIT, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdenIT

EdenIT Registered Member

I've been trying to evaluate the ATI Enterprise Echo Server Trial software but I'm having difficulty deploying the True Image Agent with the Management Console (build 8,039).

I'm in a native server 2003 AD environment. I'm specifying the domain admin account for the username using the domain\username format. I'm getting the following error message:

E00010000: Remote installation to "APPSRV" failed.

The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070421)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF

Test Connection reports that the connection is OK with the supplied credentials. I get the same results using the local administrator account.

Acronis support advised to deploy with the .MSI files using a GPO. This seems to defeat purpose of the Management Console for rapid or as needed deployment of the agent.

My question is, am I missing a step or does the Management Console not handle Active Directory user accounts correctly? Has anyone else ecountered these problems, and is there a simple work around?

With the current difficulties I'm having in the lab with the Trial, I'm not inclined to purchase this product unless I can find a resolution.

Any assistance or hints would be appreciated.

2. KBH

KBH Registered Member

This is the same garbage I've been getting since version 9.0 of True Image.

Acronis got me to jump through eleventy seven hoops but they never solved the problem. I just got tired of trying and quit.

I was hoping the "Echo" verison solved that problem but I found out it's the same ol same ol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.