ATI Home 2009 and Hibernate

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Volkmar, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volkmar

Volkmar Registered Member

Hi there,

it seems ATI Home 2009 does not work properly with Notebooks that are put into Hibernate state rather than shutdown.

I have set up some daily tasks and when the notebook is put into hibernate and restarted the next day, ATI believes it is still the previous day and does therefor not start the daily task.

Example:
    ATI runs the automated task on August 1st. In the log I can see an entry August 1st with the detailed steps.
    Notebook is hibernated and restarted on August 2nd.
    ATI will not run the task automatically. If I start the task manually in the log no entry for August 2nd is created, instead underneath the August 1st entry are also the steps listed in August 2nd. (So ATI is aware of what day it is, but funny enough doesn't create a new day in the log).

Any else hve noticed this? Any ideas how to solve it w/o stopping to use hibernate?

Thanks!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think it is down to the way Windows hibernates. On my laptop my Wifi connection and some USB devices won't work after a hibernation and a reboot is required to get them working again.

I have found this happens less often with W7 RC1, and I 'm not sure if there is a workaround for TI 2009 using Vista or XP.

Perhaps TI 2010 when it appears will address this problem in all the recent OS's.

3. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

A simple work around is to setup your tasks in Windows Task Manager, rather than in Acronis. Hibernation is not the same experience on different machines, and has all kinds of kinks from model to model. The above responder mentioned that as well. Best to avoid having anything third part run reliably from a hibernate state.

Good luck

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Volkmar,

What is the operating system you use? We can wake up Windows XP to perform Acronis scheduled backup, and as far as I remember, we failed with Windows Vista.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.