ATI has never worked for me.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zapjb, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I've never had success with ATI. Took too long to make an image, like a couple hours. The same time frame with a restore, except it never worked.

Here come the provisos. Granted these are my experiences. And I haven't tried ATI in over a year maybe more. And because Acronis MigrateEasy works 100% for me. I've tried to put the frustrations of ATI behind me.

I know & accept that ATI works for thousands. I accept that this is user error. My error.

Is there a step by step guide to ATI? Likened to Blackspear's Extra settings for Nod32 v2.5 guide.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509
    This guide was easy for me to follow. All instructions I've found for ATI including Acronis documentation on their site, within the ATI program itself and here has been incomprehensible.

My frustration of not getting ATI to work is back. I read the glowing reports here.

Now that I've got a DVD burner. I'd like to use my spare HDD for purposes other than a clone.

So to sum up. I'm not blaming ATI. I know this is my deal.

So any guide like Blackspear's Extra settings for Nod32 v2.5 guide would be appreciated. And a version number of ATI that goes with it.

Thanks for your time.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Personally I think that the days of using DVD for backups and images is almost over. With the price of extrenal USB drives having fallen so much in recent years
    I now have numerous externals from a small 60gig freecom thru to a maxtor 300 gig drive.

If, however, you do have some success with ATI and want to use DVD then I would forget all about making DVDs direct. I still think the best way is to make an image to another partition or drive and to then burn that image to DVD. In my opionion the improved burn quality more than justifies the extra time needed.

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Can you point me towards a downloadable version of this fully illustrated TI 9.0 Home tutorial? I'm on dialup & not all the pictures load. Because each page of the 4 pages on the website. Are really 20-25 pages of pdf files. And again my dialup doesn't load all pictures on pages this long.

Or can some kind soul upload this tutorial?

Thanks.

5. Menorcaman

Hi again zapjb,

I'm not sure whether it will help but checkout this <previous post>. The link contained therein to the author's website greatly reduces the number of pages to be download.

Regards

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

TI has changed quite a bit in the past year.
    Mostly for the better.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  7. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

You can download the User's Guide from the acronis web site.

8. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'd still like a copy of the fully illustrated TI 9.0 Home tutorial that Menorcaman linked. It seems the easiest.

The images on the authors site (different than original link) as linked again by Menorcaman are way too small.

And the downloadable pdf on the Acronis is too voluminous. And too confusing. Not all like the straight forward tutorial originally linked.

With my previous problem with the images. Because of dialup. Would some kind Wilders member with a high speed connection please upload the original tutorial linked by Menorcaman?

Thanks all.

9. Menorcaman

Hi zapjb,

I'm not sure whether you're aware of it but if you click on any of the images they will be downloaded separately at full size.

There is 200KB image size and 1MB text size limitation on what can be attached to a message in this forum. Even if another user downloaded it to their own server and posted the link here, you would still have to access it via your dialup connection.

Anyway, I have cut and pasted the Tutorial into a Microsoft Word document (Landscape page setting) and then compressed it into a 8.8 MB zip file. If you want me to forward this to you then send me a Forum Private Message (click on my User Name and select "Send a private message to Menorcaman") advising an email address of yours that will take a 8.8 MB attachment. I'm sorry but that's the best I can do.

Regards

10. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Menorcaman, try...http://rapidshare.de/
    You can upload a file the size of a 300mb file. After it's downloaded, YOU personally will have a link to click on that will delete, and destroy the download link. Otherwise, it's sits there for 30 days, and then expires.

11. Menorcaman

Thanks very much starsfan09. I've uploaded the zip file to rapidshare.de and forwarded the download link to zapjb via a Private Message.

Regards

12. Menorcaman

Hi zapjb,

As requested in your PM, I've converted the 124 page MS Word document into a pdf file via PDFCreator (thanks for the link), uploaded it to rapidshare.de (now only 3.6 MB) and forwarded the appropriate link to you via a PM.

Hopefully you can now access the tutorial successfully.

Regards

13. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thanks Menorcaman.

Can somebody tell me is it against forum rules to repost that link for others?

14. Menorcaman

I'm fairly sure it isn't but if it is then one of the Moderators will delete it I expect :D.

So, in case anyone else wants the TI 9.0 Home illustrated tutorial, here are the two links to the zip files that I uploaded to rapidshare.de yesterday (valid for 30 days):

Microsoft Word 2000 document (8.8 MB) - http://rapidshare.de/files/30407292/TI_9.0_Tutorial.zip

PDF document (3.6 MB) - http://rapidshare.de/files/30389122/TI_9.0_Tutorial_pdf_.zip

To download either file, click the Free button, wait for the Download-Ticket timer to count down, select the least busy download site from the three listed, enter the displayed alpha/numeric code into the box provided and then click the Download from site button.

Regards

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  15. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Seems alright to me :cool:

16. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.