ATI for Workstation 7.0.613 worked where Ghost failed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by simonzelda, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonzelda

simonzelda Registered Member

Hats off to Acronis on this one. Toshiba laptop's hard drive failed, stopped spinning. Had imaged the drive two weeks earlier, luckily.

Installed a new hard drive, booted off boot CD and restored via a Maxtor One touch, USB2 connected, back unto the new hard drive.

Ghost 2003, even with the latest firewire and USB2 fixes and the latest (as of July, 2004) version, would recognize the Maxtor USB2 drive.

I love Ghost 2003, it works reliably in most cases. But in this case, if it had not been for ATI, I would not have been able to restore the hard drive.

I use both products in conjunction. Will try BootIT NG and see how it that goes. I've noticed that the 7.0.627 release for servers has improved our reliability in using the boot disks.

Simon

2. simonzelda

simonzelda Registered Member

Meant to say, Ghost 2003 did NOT recognize the USB2.0 Maxtor Drive. ATI did. More testing to follow.
    Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.