ATI 9 .tib file recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Italianate, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italianate

Italianate Registered Member

Now getting desperate as I have tried all the suggestions coming out of Acronis, without success !
    Before doing a clean install of Windows XP Home Edition I backed up my Documents Folder (3.8GB data) to the secure digital disk (8Gb Sandisk) in a USB connection. This had worked perfectly before the clean install.
    I then reinstalled Actronis True Image 9.0 and ran the Restore programme, to restore the folder from the Sandisk. Everything seemed to be working perfectly and I got the message that 'operation was successful' BUT my data had not been restored to my internal hard disk.
    I have run the Acronis check feature and again get message all OK.
    The .tib file icon 'Properties' shows 3.8Gb of data is in there. I have copied the .tib backup file onto my internal hard disk. No change !
    Can anyone help as I urgently need to restore the backup file to my hard disk.
    I live in hope.
    Italianate

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try mounting the .tib file and copy the folders. And for future use Windows Explorer to simply copy your "My Documents" folder to your backup drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.