ATI 9 never works

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 2pods, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2pods

2pods Registered Member

Since purchasing TI9, I've never been able to create a disk image.
    Going from my laptop hard disk ( 20gb) to my desktop hard disk (200gb) via a 54g wifi network, I'm getting this error

It also hangs my destination pc forcing a reboot

I can copy gigabytes of data from one or another workgroup computer to this backup machine with no problem or errors normally.

I'm trying to back up a laptop to my desktop via my 54g wireless network, so the safe version isn't going to work for me.

Could I access this "special" build that I've heard of too ?
    Otherwise I think I've just wasted my money.

I bought ATI9 as it would work in 256mb which is all the laptop has so my old, but trusty, Drive Image can't work for it.

Any ideas ?

Peter

2. aoz

aoz Registered Member

just to experiment, try a network wired connectino first, before blaming acronis.
    I've tried the wireless, and get errors; wired worked well

3. 2pods

2pods Registered Member

The wireless network works perfectly with DI 7.1.
    I just can't restore because of the laptop's small memory

I bought TI9 it so I could back up the way I wanted to.
    i.e. wireless

If there is a problem with ATI9 operating with wifi networks, they should fix it.

Peter

4. idamien

idamien Registered Member

"Wired worked well" for you... Not for me and apparently not for a LOT of people, and I can assure you it´s not because of lack of trying...

So here I go:

BUMP

I´ve tried just about every backup method ATI 9.1 (latest build) supports over a (wired) network like FTP, BTP, LAN-Workgroup and the such, and only twice did the image creation completed successfully, not surprisingly it was only when the backed-up drive contained very little data (as I´m sure you will be able to read somewhere else on the forum, if you´ll just look for it) and even then it didn´t ALWAYS work (not even on the same pair of computers, if you´ll believe me...).

What´s happeningo_O I would like to know. If you do not get the absurd error...

E00070004: Failed to write data to the archive file.
    A possible reason might be poor media quality.

...then it´s the second (insatiable) logon dialog for network shares which you can´t get thru, no matter how public and accessible you make your shares on your LAN computers.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I´ve tried meddling with the backup settings like Compression, Password, Comments, you name it, BUT IT`S BEEN OF NO USE, unless, of course, you have a very incredibly, amazingly tiny amount of data on your disk. In this case the backup MIGHT work but I can assure you it´s by no means certain, at least not on my system and apparently not on a lot of other people´s...

So, please, think twice before assuming the fault is not with Acronis but with this whole LOT of people who can´t get it to work, just because you did.

Oh yes, I did check ALL my harddrives for ANY kind of errors but found nothing and yes, I am able to copy large amounts of data to and from any computer so I guess that´s not the problem either...

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Acronis True Image does not presently support imaging and restores over Wireless networks. AFAIK this applies to all versions.

Xpilot

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Sure it works, and on lots of hardware combos! Unfortunately, wireless nets is not among that at present.

sh

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 2pods,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that, as Xpilot has already mentioned above, none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions supports wireless network. Please take a look at this previous post of mine for further details.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello idamien,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version (build 3677 for Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows and build 3718 for Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows) which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing the latest one.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

In case of using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or\and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server, you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers. It is obligatory for all components to be of the same build on order to interact correctly.

If the problem still persists with the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version and you are still unable to save backups over the wired network, please try copying\moving large files, e.g. disk\partition images created with Acronis True Image, from the source commuter (computer that you back up) to the destination machine (machine where the network share you want to save the resulting backup is located) using Windows Explorer or any other file manager and see the result.

If the problem persists and you are unable to copy\move large files, it is not related to Acronis True Image, but to some peculiarities of your network setup.

If the problem is gone and you do not experience any problems transferring large files over your wired network, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both the source and destination computers;

- Rename the files collected to report_source.txt, sysinfo_source.NFO and report_destination.txt, sysinfo_destination.NFO accordingly;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Describe your network structure in more details.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.