ATI 9.1 Backup Server Bug

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Euth, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Euth

Euth Registered Member

It looks like I've found a bug in the Backup Server application.
    If I create 2 jobs to backup to the backup server, the server creates full backups instead of incrementals every time.

Lets say that your first backup of your projects directory is 30MB.
    Every incremental should be less than 30MB.

Lets say that your first backup of your C Partition is 3.5GB.
    Depending on how you use your system, your incrementals should be roughly 100 - 300MB.

The steps to reproduce the problem I'm running into are:

1. Create a job to backup your projects directory every day at 5:00 PM.

2. Create a job to backup the C partition every night at 10:00 PM.

With this method, you get FULL backups of both your projects and your C Partition everytime (read: no incrementals). After a week of backing up to the backup server... my machine alone is eating up over 40GB of drive space on the server.

To prove this is the problem, manually run the C partition backup job several times in a row. After the initial full backup, you'll get very small (and fast) incremental backups. Then manually run the projects backup job and once complete, run the C Partition job once again...
    This results in another full backup of the C Partition.

Looking at the logs, the problem is evident:

Information 4: Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    Tag = 0x64A31B1B5AFDAABB

Information 1: Unable to open the storage server device/file bsp://webserver/\backupserver\BackupServer||\| for appending incrementally. Backup was started in the full mode.

Can someone verify this is a bug, or let me know if this will be fixed in a future version of ATI Backup Server?

Thanks in advance.

2. Euth

Euth Registered Member

Was just wondering if anyone has had any luck reproducing this problem, or if I didn't provide enough details.

I saw a similar issue in another thread, however it stated that the second backup hung at 0%. Both of my jobs run automatically, and finish at 100%, however it creates FULL backups everytime. It will not create incrementals if more than one job backs up to the backup server.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.